1. yunnan_sam

yunnan_sam Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I am part of a newly fledged PDC teaching team and we're going to run a PDC in China, preferably Yunnan, sometime in May next year. There are 3 of us, Pascal, who is a diploma holder and Geoffroy and I, who are working on our diplomas, and we taught our first PDC together in Romania in September this year. Pascal and I both lived in Hunan and Yunnan for about five years and now we're looking to return, from France, to start a project together, along with Chen Li, Pascal's wife.

I'm writing this, basically, to try to make some contacts with other permies in China and also to ask if anyone knows of any suitable venues for a PDC. This would preferably be in Yunnan but we're flexible. We're particularly interested in finding a place in which the owners are looking to start, or already have started, a permaculture project or would otherwise somehow benefit from holding a course.

Any advice or contacts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

2. Justin JQ

Justin JQ Junior Member

Hi
    I am a Chinese from Beijing. I just got this news and probalbly too late to participate. Can i have some information about Permaculture in China. like what kinds of projects we are having now and where are they? how can I contact them?

thank you.

3. Justin JQ

Justin JQ Junior Member

4. yunnan_sam

yunnan_sam Junior Member

Projects in China

Hi Justin,

The course has actually been postponed until next year. I decided to stay a little longer in France but I'm gonna return to China later this year. We're now looking at sometime in spring to hold the course.

I'm afraid I can't give you any information on permaculture in China. I have tried to find projects and nothing is really happening as far as I can tell. One of our intentions with the PDC is to get some diploma students from it who can set up an association in China and start providing courses and information in Chinese.

All we have found so far is Partnerships for Community Development https://www.pcd.org.hk a charity in Hong Kong with bases in mainland China who help rural communities with projects such as setting up community supported agriculture, and a Chinese language wiki that's still in its initial stages https://nongjiu.ourproject.org/w/index.php

I have been in touch with both of the above projects to see if we can collaborate somehow but nothing has taken shape yet.

I'll start posting updates about the PDC and anything else I find on this forum and in the meantime I'll send you an email so we can communicate a bit more. If you find anything it would be great if you could let me know and post on this forum.

Regards

Sam

5. Justin JQ

Justin JQ Junior Member

Vow, that's great to get connected to you.
    that means I still have the chance to get involved in the PDC in China next year. To set up an association is what I am thinking about and I am trying to do now. I really want to do that. So any help you need from me, just write a email.

6. mschreck

mschreck New Member

Hey all, first post.. I'm also in Beijing, looking for a PDC course or any permaculture site to volunteer on. Any updates about coming back to China?