Fairies, Devas and other spirits

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Grahame, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

It is for me, and is for a great many indigenous cultures. The Native Americans in my country, the Aborigines, South America, Africa, and so on. It's only in recent human times we stopped, much like how we humans recently stopped gardening the right way and are coming back to permaculture.

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

"First she opened her eyes, then she opened her eyes"
    Terry Pratchett (quote from memory "Wee Free Men")
    Interesting discussion.
    I am starting to be frightened of all belief, it seems to get us into so much trouble. I beleive x; you don't, so you deserve to die, be killed, go to hell, be poor, etc etc.
    I was surprised recently how difficult it was to describe both atheism and what Christians believed in to a Muslim (student). They really had trouble with the concept of atheism,(So your religion is science?)They just thought Christianity was weird and very silly.
    i am wondering if it were at all possible to have all my beliefs surgically extracted?

I am amazed by how much people are swayed by conservative media these days, by shock jocks and by advertising ( a favourite show is the 'Gruen Transfer').

I have collected a number of marginal ethonogenic plants but have not dabbled yet (on my Bucket list) I am abit concerned that i might get religion.

i am toying with the idea of spending some time in a Buddhist monestry just to think. i do it so rarely these days. electronic media intrudes so much, and I seem to be addicted to stimulation of some kind or other. perhaps I am just trying to distract myself from trying to really think.

3. annette

annette Junior Member

Sometimes the chattering monkey (your thoughts and thinking) is precisely the problem. Being mindful of thoughts are the first step in standing outside any belief system. It is just a thought. lol

4. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

A trick for clearing your mind .Think to yourself-What is my next thought?

5. Michaelangelica

Like the last two posts thanks, i just wish i could teach my brain to think about real things a bit better and faster; enlightenment/wisdom seems such a slow process
    Resigning from facebook was a start,not watching the news another, but I seem to be addicted to computers. (Should I resign as moderator?)

6. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

Go ask the faeries.

7. annette

annette Junior Member

I asked the fairies and they said no you are needed here!

8. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    My mind goes blank every time - but perhaps that is age related

9. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

You are the creator

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Is that you with a blank mind Grahame?

11. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

You learn fast young grasshopper :p

12. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

./looks up from Medicating, then goes back to nothingness.

13. Michaelangelica

"What is my next thought?"
    Is diabolical!

14. annette

annette Junior Member

I went out to take some piccies of my old pool to either post on here for ideas or as just a before and after history. Anyway in one of the photos there are coloured balls. One is green, one is white and there are 2 pink balls. A friend of mine said it was some sort of light refraction. Others say they are orbs. I checked it out and apparently sometimes these things show up with the flash on the camera, but I didn't use a flash. I have tried endlessly to try and attach the piccie of it but no luck. I am technically challenged. Anyway it is very pretty.

15. CRTreeDude

CRTreeDude Junior Member

When I was a young adult (I am probably considered an old geezer now), I thought I had everything all figured out. Now, I know I don't. I know more, and knowing more shows me how little I really know.

They say that we only know about 10% of the species in Costa Rica. Think about that. I am almost certainly seeing when I am in the forest species that have never been identified, at least by scientific method. Now imagine what the forest would look like if you removed what we hadn't yet identified. It might well collapse as an ecosystem.

Just because we can't see something, touch it, feel it, smell it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. After all, we aren't omnipotent gods, are we? We are not gods, though at time we act like it.

But heck, we can't even get people to agree that Global Warming exist with 1.6 billion data points. :lol:

16. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Heck CRTreeDude it was only 2002 that the country of India found an ancient city (32,000 years old btw, yes you read that right, 32,000 years old, confirmed!!) only 10' offshore complete with walls, housing, etc. We don't even know what is in our water and we claim we know everything.

Closer you go past an atom into the Imogene stuff, the more it changes. So who is to say what we know & don't know. How much science is kept from us?

Why is it on true UV, IR ,and using expensive "full spectrum" cameras have "things" or "stuff" we can't see constantly shows up?

Like Huxley said, "There are things known, and things unknown, and what is in between are the doors of perception."

17. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Random thought: How do you prove the existence of such an energy or being(s) & the help they provide in an environment?

Many of us had 'interesting' experiences, or wish to have some, so how do you prove to others? Wouldn't that change things?

18. annette

annette Junior Member

I don't think you can prove it outright.. There is always some other plausible explanation for it in my experience, so it gets down to whatever inclination one has in regards to it.

I have had lots of what you would call interesting experiences and lot with animals. I like to share them and some people I'm sure do not believe me. Here are some. Sitting in the bush on Stradbroke Island and a goanna starts running towards me. I didn't know what to do, they climb trees and run like the wind. Just before it got to me about a dozen kookaburras dive bombed it and it ran off. Protecting their nests? Who knows. Sitting on the lounge chair and a baby crow came flying under the verandah through the door and onto my lap. Hmmmm. If flew off after a while. Cradle Mountain, Tasmania walking in the snow and a possum runs up to me, up my body and puts a paw on each shoulder and looks at me as a German tourist is screaming that I am being attacked. No harm done. We had a chat and he gradually climbed back down. Sitting in the shallows on the beach (again on Stradbroke Island) and a baby dolphin comes up for a pat ( I had a witness to this one). They feed them on Moreton Island so that is an expanation for that one. 3 crows that used to bring me presents at my feet including feathers, dead mice and they even spread a wing across the windscreen of my car. I saw them do this. They would sit outside my bedroom window and wouldn't shut up until I came outside. No explanation for them. I didn't feed them or anything. Just the other day a baby azure kingfisher came flying through the verandah and onto my lap. This time I got the camera and took pictures of it in my hand. It looked sick so I just sat with it for a while, then put it on the sofa outside and after a while it flew off as if nothing had happened. that's just some of it.

I love animals and maybe they are not scared of me.

19. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    If you are looking for proof then you are not quite there yet - keep the faith and it will come. Think that the evidence will be there when you acknowledge them - not easy I know.

20. CRTreeDude

CRTreeDude Junior Member

How do we prove things to people when we have scientific proof? If someone doesn't want to hear, what you say won't help a bit. The bigger problem is getting people to want to learn, instead of wanting to just have it their way.