offer of help after Yazi

Discussion in 'General chat' started by bantem, Feb 6, 2011.

1. bantem

bantem New Member

Hi I am new to this forum. I am actually in Victoria traveling around Aus with my family. We are studying our PCD by correspondence as we travel. When we heard of the floods and Cyclone in QLD we thought that we might offer our help. Anyone want some help putting things back together in QLD? We can offer skills in building and welding and general handiwork. We seek knowledge and experience in systems and system design. Please pass this on and contact us if we can help. cheers ben

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Try registering with one of the volunteer agencies, like the Red Cross, the SES or even with a council in the area you want to help out in. They can train you and point you in the direction where you will be most helpful.

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Here found this - https://www.emergencyvolunteering.com.au/

After some looting in SEQ people are probably going to be a little be wary of someone turning up on their door step asking to help. If you come with a group you'll be more likely to get stuff done.

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

YOu could contact tropical exotics and aroideana on this forum though they may not be able to reply to your for some time as who knows when they will be able to get to a net cafe. They are both in the Tully area and I am sure they will need it. Maybe if you head up towards Tully way and let the agency now you are ready to help

5. bantem

bantem New Member

thanks

Yeah Thanks for the input. I have regestered through the oficials just wanting to knoe if there was a grass roots way of making contact. Yep and it's a pitty that there has to be mistrust re looters. WE are on our way up from victoria and will find someone no doubt who will need our skill set. cheers

6. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

had a few mates with chainsaws for a few hours today .. but so much more to do .. saw Scott & Anne inn town today ,, they have even more devestation than me
    any help would be appreciated .. will have heaps of bananas ripening soon .. thanks for the call andrea , just missed you .. bought a new laptop and mobile broadband
    need some stimulation ..

7. bantem

bantem New Member

still on offer

that help is still on offer. just ask please

8. tropicalexotics

tropicalexotics Junior Member

Hi Ben,

If you find yourself in Nth Qld..your welding and building skills would be most welcome..you can follow the link below to find us.

https://nqheliconias.blogspot.com/

Scott