Good Morning from Western Vic!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Imarni, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Imarni

Imarni Junior Member

Hiya, I am a mum to 3 boys, 3 dogs and enjoy gardening, we have a acre block with 10 fruit trees, in a regional town in western Vic a large veggie garden and 17 chooks of varying breeds & 1 rooster Henry, a worm farm and about 6 rabbits. I love that I can have a pet for the kids and show rabbits and use all their wonderful waste straight onto the garden. Love composting have 3 large bins always on the go and the ground boxes too which I personally find break down better than the black bins.

We try to use Permaculture practices much of the time but I am not too diehgard about it all. :)

Hope to get some useful tips and ideas from the lovely people on here and maybe make some friendships in the process.

2. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Welcome aboard Imarni, Nothing gives me more satisfaction than turning so called waste into such good stuff, like chook pooh or worm pooh. If only every home in Australia had a handful of chooks!

Whereabouts are you? I was born out in Pyramid Hill. Anywhere near you?

Grahame

3. Imarni

Imarni Junior Member

I am in Ballarat, not really sure where Pyramid Hill is to be honest Grahame, I have lived here 14 years but don't know many of the surrounding area's that well.

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

Hi Marni

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice setup - except perhaps for the 3 boys (joking). I had an experience a friends son's birthday party once and deicded that boys are really quite scary. SUch a lot of energy. Then i understood how true to life was lord of the flies.

But i am just joking. 3 boys are better than none. I find this place very helpful. Just ask your questions and if someone knows the answer they will happily share it with you. Or you might find it on the search engine.

5. Imarni

Imarni Junior Member

LOL, Ivé not seen Lord of the Flies, but yes they are full of energy but suprisingly sometimes they use that energy to help around the place and I have one walking the dogs - I go too, and another letting the rabbits into their run and one feeding chooks and collecting eggs so they do have their uses. ;)