One For The Doomers!

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by springtide, Dec 25, 2010.

1. springtide

springtide Junior Member

I don't know if the world as we know it is going to end any time soon but for all the doomers out there i kinda had to put this link up https://www.apocadocs.com/cgi-bin/yir.cgi.
    Lets all hope we have a better 2011 and to all a goodnight!

2. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

I love the one in about March or April where the eminent australian scientist predicts the extinction of humans within 100 years. That's a fascinating scenario to contemplate. I have finally got a reason to be happy about not having kids.

And i can tell you that if it were really going to be true, i wouldn't change a thing about what i am doing right now. At least not unless i knew more about how it might unfold.

3. digging

digging Junior Member

Sun burn,

At the heart of what you said is the reason this is all happening and is so bad.....what is in the heart "I wouldn't change a thing.....unless I knew more......"

Yet do we stop living because we know we are going to die??? Do we kill ourselves when we learn about death??

Thanks for the link spring I've added it to my favorities.

Digging

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

I understand that that is not a comment on me personally.
    But what do you think i should be doing. I don't feel i can do much more than what i am already doing to stop the worst case scenario short of devoting my life to political activism. What about you, what are doing that I am not and that you think i should be.

At a certain level, I am not concerned about the end of the world because I don't have kids and I don't have to worry about their future.

5. digging

digging Junior Member

Your right not on your person but what you said is loaded with meaning.

As you said......Devote your life to it.

What am I doing....devoting my life to life on earth.

Digging

6. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

I said devote my life to political activism. If you are going to quote, you should take the meaning not just the words that suit your purpose. I wouldn't call what i am doing political activism.

I was pleased to hear on the news the other day that the japanese said that the activism of Sea Shepherd actually had an impact on their activities.

7. springtide

springtide Junior Member

Well i have 2 kids - which a few friends say is a bad idea and a bit cruel to bring them up in this kinda world but i am tyring for the "fringe" - letting them in for most of todays consumer society (and saying NO! a hell of a lot) but they also like to grow seeds in the back yard, they love eating fruit off the trees and they seem to enjoy making stuff for themselves more than the christmas presents we gave them this year (and we really did try). They also understand that the fluffy chickens that give us eggs out the back end up in Red Rooster and that too much junk food will get you fat and unhealthy.
    I don't know if we are doing the best job, but i am proud that they know this stuff and i honestly believe that if humans are going to survive we need more people brought up this way, not robots but also not total survivalists also.
    I worry a lot about the future but i have a few contingencies and i have really enjoyed my summer holidays at home with them.

PS: i dont consider homesteading to be survivalist - just incase i offended a few awesome ppl.

8. digging

digging Junior Member

We need everyone devoting their life to a part, some part, everyone doing something different like in nature diversity is the greatest defense.

BUT "devotion" is so very much what we need.

Surely helping save life on earth is worthy of our devotion.

Digging