Mommy, why am I dying?

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Mechandy, Jul 4, 2010.

1. frosty

frosty Junior Member

Hi Pebble and thnks for the reply. I was beginning to worry that I had offended you. It was never my intention to offend anyone here as I do agree that people like those here are those already trying to do the right thing.

However I do believe that doesnt mean that the issue should never be raised here - Bill has already said he wasnt aware of DU until I posted about it.

These war crimes are so serious that I believe everyone needs to know about them.

Many many of those who have died were also just ordinary people trying to cope with what life dished out to them, trying like us to grow their own food, trying to care for sick relatives ......... they had no choice.

Due to the oil under their country the US and its allies came and sentenced them to death - literally. The DU has polluted every part of their county - its food and its water its land its buildings - EVERYTHING -and it will remain like that for 4500 billion years. The dying wont stop when the war stops.

This was not just an invasion it was a planned deliberate genocide

and our countries are complicit. ( although I am not sure about NZ I think your govt did not participate )

Those of us who have read all the horrifying sickening documents and looked a these heart wrenching pictures know that this is the worst crime ever committed against humanity.

People now days ask how the German people sat by while Hitler committed genocide .......... those of us who campaign to tell the general public about DU know the answer .................

frosty

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Yes,
    probably best that you ignored the rable rousing and the social theorists and just get on with it.
    You can block people you don't want to hear.

3. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Well said Burra,

4. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

5. springtide

springtide Junior Member

I like this thread but something telld me i shouldn't open the above link.

6. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    It's OK, it's actually a very well done lecture backed by a cartoonist exploring the pervasive myth of 'positive thinking' and how that has affected some recent events.

Although good ole Andy posted the same thing in two different threads, so now I'll have to go delete one.

7. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

Aw, Shucks Bill

Not again! I really must get the 'Old Timers' fixed.

Mechandy

8. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

Bastion of Ignorant Oil Guzzlers

Pebble stated:

Hardly a bastion in comparison to what Pebble?
    How much Fossil Fueled energy do you use each year? (Let's start with the basics like Petrol, Oil, LPG, Electricity, we can move on to the specifics, like Calorific In-feed a little later.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mechandy

9. Adam

Adam Junior Member

I told myself I would stay out of this thread, but damnit here I am again.

Mechandy, not even among religious conservatives have I encountered a holier-than-thou attitude quite to the extent of yours. I can see that you are very proud of the fact that you use so little fuel and are living a sustainable lifestyle. Good for you, fantastic. But it is really necessary to be so repugnant about it? Do you really need to add in all those mean-spirited quips into your posts? Will this nasty attitude of yours save any lives, or make the world a better place for anyone? I mean, really, what does it matter if Pebble uses more energy than you in a year. Do you want a trophy for it, or are you just satisfied with the feeling of moral superiority?

Nobody here is perfect, we all have our flaws as human beings. But the one thing that brings us together here on this forum is the common values and shared vision that we have in permaculture. All, if not most of us here, understand the problems that we face in the world. We are all doing our best to live by good example and work towards a more ethical, sustainable lifestyle. Some of us are further along that path than others, but the point is we are all moving in the same direction. Remember that we all didn't start on this path at the same time with the same resources and under the same circumstances. What good can it possibly do to deride and shame others who you judge to be not as far along as you? Is that really the best use of your energy?

So, in conclusion I would like to challenge you to put up or shut up. You seem to think you are god's gift to sustainability, so why not start a thread about your sustainable lifestyle with pictures and descriptions of the set-up and designs you have instead of pissing in everyone's lemonade?

10. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

Curiosity Over Pride

Hi Adam,

Mate, I haven't laughed so much for a long time, I will be eternally grateful that your curiosity overcame your Post-Modernist Pride! (LOL)

I can now add, between Puplepear and yourself, another two words to the quote I posted in the 'Sustainability' thread, this time, without getting censored for spam!

BTW, how is the 'Jet-setting' from the U.S, to Sweden, and onto Thailand going? Man, your Carbon Offset Program must be way in deficit by now.

When you take a Principled Stand, instead of a Hypocritical one, you learn precisely how to recognize and admit, that even though you are doing as much as you can at this moment in time, you always have far more to do, hence, these words, words, that like so many other people on this forum, you either missed or chose to ignore:

Is this just yet another example of yours and others, 'willfull ignorance'?

Mechandy

11. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

The Question Still Stands

My question to Pebble still stands, but now let's add Adam to the list.

Mechandy

12. Adam

Adam Junior Member

Willful ignorance? I thought that was working in the pharmaceutical industry for 25 years? :giggle: And I suppose you rode your bike to work every day and never once flew anywhere? Give me a break. If I had a nice-paying corporate job for 25 years I would also have the luxury of buying myself a lil' piece of land and living off the grid, too -- and finding spare time to troll forums and give everyone a hard time for not being as sustainable as me. :rofl:

13. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

Congratulations, I mean that Sincerely

Dear Adam,

Let me be the first to heartily congratulate you sir. I am capable of providing a hard time, but for those who know me well, I am also one of the most encouraging individuals around, especially when I see the deserved merit.

You have been pushed very hard by me, and you rose to the occasion, bypassed the mediocrity of your first few responses to this thread, and did some research in order to find more answers. As I stated in one of my posts in the 'Sustainability' thread:

Unfortunately, the Permaculture World is filled with much misinformation, false promises and false debates, especially in relation to what we are all going to have to face in the future. Many of those looking for answers are easily parted from their money and or their time, because they simply become 'maniacally devoted' without asking enough of the why, what, where or whens. Indeed I did spend 25 years in the Pharma Industry, and I know all too well, exactly how the marketing psychology works. In the future, we are going to need as many 'well schooled' (not robotically indoctrinated) people as we can, all working together to face the many challenges.

I would sincerely encourage you to keep asking the hard questions, but I would also encourage you to do far better research, a point I will get to in a moment. I would also highly encourage you, in the future, to look upon those who challenge you, differently. Nearly all of the most important lessons I have learnt in life have come from those very, very rare few who have had the ability to 'sit me on my arse'. Very, very few? Not because I am a hard nut to crack, but because there are very, very few willing to challenge, anybody!

In relation to research, I will give you an opportunity to do more of it in relation to my story and, then, if there are any important gaps, I'll happily come back and fill them in.

My very kindest regards

Mechandy

14. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    That's an interesting assertion that doesn't fit within my experience. Care to back it up?

Bill

15. wingedbeans

wingedbeans New Member

I saw some years ago some research done by the great Mycologist Paul Staments into radio active remediation using fungi.As I recall other studies involving cyno bacterias and algae as well.These might be two useful starting points for your research Mechandy.Thanks for the information concerning the use of Uranium that has been weaponized.Lets hope you can muster up enough support to solve this situation,I can see by the way you treat your fellow forum members that you have the "people touch".I believe that George Bush had the same sort of charisma.If enough people would just dislike him then, the world would change.Good luck on your mission,you have my bow good sir.

16. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

My Agenda or Motivation

Thanks Bill,

Many people have questioned my 'agenda' or 'motivations' for posting as I have on this forum. All I can say in response to both those questions and your own, is:

'Never, ever, ever, ever, stop asking questions!'

You may like to start, in regard to Permaculture, here:

https://forums.permaculture.org.au/showthread.php?7884-What-Does-Sustainability-Mean-Anyway

In particular, 'The Laws of Thermodynamics and Entropy'.

Mechandy

17. Burra Maluca

Burra Maluca Junior Member

Could someone *please* change the title of this thread. The thread itself I can deal with, but the title freaks me out every time I see it.

18. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

Nevertheless, that is how it is!

'Perhaps someone may say, 'but surely Socrates, after you have left us you can spend the rest of your life quietly minding your own business.' This is the hardest thing of all to make some of you understand. If I say, 'I cannot mind my own business', you will not believe that I am serious. If, on the other hand, I tell you that to let no day pass without discussing goodness and all the other subjects about which you hear me talking, and that examining both myself and others is really the very best thing a man can do, and that life without this sort of examination is not worth living, you will be even less inclined to believe me. Nevertheless Gentlemen, that is how it is!'

Mechandy

19. Burra Maluca

Burra Maluca Junior Member

Mechandy - you may believe that talking about it is the best thing a man can do, and maybe it is. But for women, actually doing it is more important. And as the title is aimed at cutting to the heart of a mother, may I request one last time that you change the title and leave what remains of my heart intact for actually doing some good instead of just waffling about it.

20. Mechandy

Mechandy Junior Member

The obvious is literally that which stands in one's way, in front of or over, against oneself. One has to begin by recognizing that it exists for oneself.'

R. D Laing

Mechandy