PDC Melbourne September 2010

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by bonsai, May 18, 2010.

1. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone else is doing the PDC course at Trinity College in September?

I've just registered and paid up today, be great to meet some fellow students before we kick off!

Cheers!

2. abdullah

abdullah Junior Member

i would like to go, its a perfect time for me (TAFE mid semester break), but at the moment they are not registered for the farmready grant, as im eligible id like .gov to reimburse me to do a PDC as i honestly cant afford to unless i borrow from someone that i can pay back after the reimbursement :(

i hope they get registered for it soon then i will definitely enrol same day, otherwise i might have to wait until next year and see about other providers.

3. Tegs

Tegs Junior Member

Hi Bonsai,

I will see you there in September.

CAN'T WAIT!!

4. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

awesome tegs, you coming down from QLD then?

5. Tegs

Tegs Junior Member

Yeah, we've got some family gatherings to attend, the timing is perfect, just a matter of extending the holiday a little :)

6. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

not long now :) very excited!

7. Tegs

Tegs Junior Member

I know! I m frantically reading the design manual but I find my mind drifting off and imagining how I would implement the concepts and strategies at our property and then have to go back an re-read everything so it is taking a while! I was considering bringing some photos and plans of what we are doing here to get some input and ideas from others...

Can't wait to soak up all that permaculture goodness!!!!

8. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

sounds like an excellent opportunity to ask questions and get good advice Tegs...

how large is your property? the place I bought in Tassie is on about 2 acres, so that should be enough to develop a good design template of my own, I'll be asking more questions than even I can handle... :rofl:

9. Tegs

Tegs Junior Member

We have 6 acres, more than enough to get us into trouble :) Doesn't stop us dreaming of something bigger tho one day, maybe when we have turned this on into an abundant oasis we can do #2 on a bigger scale with less mistakes. I would love to set up a farm based business but with our terrible soil we can only really grow for ourself at the moment.

Bracing myself for sponge mode :)

10. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

well there is no better place to learn about improving soil naturally :)

and i think mistakes are highly necessary for progress... i actually enjoy making mistakes in the garden, because generally they are easy to fix and i've learned a better way to do something next time :)

bring on 20 september already!!!! :p

11. Tegs

Tegs Junior Member

.... I wonder if there will be any out of classroom, "hands on" learning?.... I really wanted to do my PDC at Zaytuna farm but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn from both Bill and Geoff!!

12. bonsai

bonsai Junior Member

I was actually looking at doing the same thing, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet and learn from Bill & Geoff.

There have been a few emails sent out about 'hands-on' workshops after the PDC in Melbourne, but they are in Tassie.. I'm moving down there at the end of October, so unfortunately I will miss them with all the wrap up in Victoria.. cant wait to get the hell outta dodge though! :y: