sponsors for courses

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Ellen, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Ellen

Ellen Junior Member

Good day,

I'm reading about all sorts of courses on all different topics of permaculture. But, they are very far from the place I live.... Namibia - Africa.
    Does anybody know where one can try to find a sponsor for the financial implications of attending a course??

Really hope on a positive reply!

2. cdoug_e

cdoug_e Junior Member

Hello Ellen I just got word from a friend that one of my former mentors is going back to South Africa to do some work. I know no details other than she has worked there before with different school projects. Her email is [email protected] and her name is Robina McCurdy. I would recommend seeing if she is going to be teaching a PDC while she is there. Again I know of no plans as of yet but it maybe in the works. Second I have a former student who I ended up going to her little site in Malaysia to teach at that was looking for a similar thing. She went through the UN I believe here is her email [email protected] her website is https://embunpagi2009.wordpress.com/

Also we tried to work with an African on our last course with a visa and all and we were going to wave the course fee. However he had a difficult time with the visa. SO please do keep that in mind and possibly we could do a similar situation. www.treeyopermaculture.wordpress.com The airfare is the tricky part but portugal is closer than the states. Hope this helps

3. joaovox

joaovox Junior Member