Low cost community shares for sale Blue Mountains

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by TheSiMpLeLife, Feb 22, 2010.

1. TheSiMpLeLife

TheSiMpLeLife Junior Member

Looking to start a community in the blue mountains on gorgeous property

15 x shares @9500

Attached Files:

2. kerrip

kerrip Junior Member

Do you have any more details?

3. kerrip

kerrip Junior Member

I am thinking that if you want to create some interest in your idea for low cost community shares in your property that you should perhaps describe it better for everyone.

The Blue Mountains are beautiful, but they are also vast. Where abouts in the Blue Mountains? Is there a town close by? How much land is the property and how much does each shareholder get? What about other resources the property has that the community are going to share? What type of people are you looking for? Do you want tradies, farmers, artists, accountants? Are there any buildings already in place or do people need to build? Are they allowed to build? Is there water available? What sort of power is available? Is there employment nearby or do you want people who are independently wealthy? Actually the list could go on and on, so I would love it if you would let us know some more.

Can you please answer some of the above questions for us?

Thank you.

Kerri

4. TheSiMpLeLife

Sorry mate, I meant to get back to you earlier but I have had a random cat abandon a kitten and I have been caught up with it and work.

The property is in between blackheath, richmond and lithgow so work prospects are good for those who would be interested. The property is nearly 30 acres and I was thinking that each share could be between 1/4 and 1/2 acre each with rest being communal land. Power is close to the property but I would like to see people creating their own and not relying on the grid, rainfall is good but mains water could be made available if needed. as for who I am looking for, well that is hard!!! Being a musician and fringe dwelling free thinker I would like to see creative people their but to be honest I have no expectations for now other than they be people I could spend time with and not be at each others throats.
    For now with the zoning it would have to be a camping block but I was leaning towards a tipi village (before you think tent, they can be luxurious) with a communal shed on the property for all to use? I am winging this really... I am sick of the rat race and would like to be as self sufficient as possible, I really don't want a mortgage for 30 years and I would prefer to be around others with common ground so I thought this could be a good solution. Like I said I am winging it so I am open for discussion with people who have experience and sound advice. Regards

5. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

How's the kitten?

6. TheSiMpLeLife

The kitten is loud and I am struggling to feed it but I am managing, it is so small and cute :) I found her and the litter down a hole and the pic is of her and the others.

Attached Files:

7. kerrip

kerrip Junior Member

Wow, you do seem to have a vision of what you would like to achieve. It sounds a bit like a Native American Village to me. Is that what you are after?

Are you going to be living in your tipi permanently or are you going to use it as a weekend getaway? I am wondering how your local council and the neighbours are going to react when your village starts to come together. Do you think all will go well with this? What sort of system will you be using for human waste? This will be pretty important to think about if you don't want the health authorities breathing down your neck.

I would love to follow your progress with this adventure. Please let us know how you get on with it.

I am curious about the kitten too, how is that going?

8. TheSiMpLeLife

I could handle a village type atmosphere:) I have spent times in pimped out tipi's before and I think I could live in one permantley? I was hoping to use composting toilets and the council should be fine if it is all above board...

The cat is healthy luckily and is coping even though it is fretting, I am still struggling to get it to feed but I will get there. the vet I rang said bring it in but I have seen the mamma cat around so I will try to get her to take it back over the next few days if I can track her new spot down? Thanks for the interest:)

9. Michaelangelica

It is not easy if Mum has rejected her
    Use lactose free milk if you don't want diarrhea everywhere!
    The mother cat usually eats the faeces. You might try a using a damp washcloth
    Have you got homes for them all?

10. TheSiMpLeLife

The mum only left the one kitten, I did see her go back last night to where the kitten was so I have placed it near where the mum is (i think) to see if she will try take it back as it is a big job and maybe beyond me, I would be shattered if it died while I was trying to look after it. I went in this morning and got kitten milk and a baby bottle but the bloody nozzle is too big:( I rang a vet and they told me I have to wet a tissue and rub down there to get it to urinate which is odd? I have tried to feed it but it is hard and it is fretting something bad.

11. Michaelangelica

It is very hard.
    You might find a small enough baby's bottle in a toy store.
    Ring around cat breeders to see if someone has a lactating cat. (or some advice on how to get a small bottle).

Apart from feeding you need to keep stroking it, mimicking mum's lick. This is psychologically important. Clean and rub with a tepid damp cloth. You can be surprisingly rough/firm doing this.

Some also suggest putting a ticking clock (if you can find one) to mimic mum's heartbeat. If the kitten decides she has been abandoned she will die.

12. TheSiMpLeLife

Sorry for my late reply, I got a ph call from a lady who got my number from the vet and she came and took the kitten which was for the best and to my relief.

Anyway I have decided not to buy the property in the blue mountains now and have purchased 2 1/4 acre blocks nth of Corowa to sit and think for a while, they are nothing flash but they were cheap and there are rivers and lakes close by. I have bought an 18 foot caravan and enough gear for now to go and rough it out and see what I can make of it in the pursuit of the simple life.