Soil in the sky

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Eamonn O'Flaherty, Sep 22, 2009.

1. forest dweller

forest dweller Junior Member

Re: Soil in the sky

Well I know they're not angels (farmers) but they've moved ahead in leaps in bounds in recent decades.

https://www.abc.net.au/rural/news/conten ... 694161.htm

Almost a decade of drought is going to cause similar storms (when all atmospheric conditions are just right) despite what may or may not have been done to the land. Don't believe the conspiracy theories. It doesn't help anybody if we adopt the 'us vs. them' attitude.

2. greenfarmers

greenfarmers Junior Member

Hey pp - have you tried the geodesic design for domes or are they all Linda Woodrow style? So far, so good for us on a very very windy hill using the geodesic design. Seems to be a lot lower and so does not have the same wind resistance maybe?

Hope you don't have too many pieces to put back together,

Heidi

3. greenfarmers

greenfarmers Junior Member

ok,getting the hang of the "quote" thing!

h

4. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year

We use linda's design, green farmer but with substantial roosts and props toavoid sides collapsing. It works very well in very strong winds but could not cope with the winds we had the other day - well not for an extended time like that.
    They are half done in patching and I have had to get new tarps and have a couple of roosts to repair but we came through alright I guess.
    regards purplepear
    intent-observation-intuition

5. gbell

gbell Junior Member

A friend heard that there was a biodynamics practitioner who predicted the previous dust storm a few months/years back. Anybody else hear this?

6. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Interesting gbell - I just looked up my Steiner Astro Calendar and they predicted strong winds around the 23rd. No mention about topsoil in the wind though.

7. gbell

gbell Junior Member

Well that's certainly interesting! What's its next prediction that we can look out for, and where did you get it?

8. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year

Brian Keats is calling for more winds GBell - especially on 16th October though a high in the Bight will push a trough ahead of it up the east coast. :razz:

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Yeah that's the one I've got - The Antipodean Astro Calendar 2009 by Brian Keats. I think I got it from Eden Seeds.

10. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

got a rant e/mail yesterday the person is saying that the dust that generated down sa way could be contaminated with uranium/radiation or whatever as some of the dust came from the woomera range area and other from the discard piles at the uranium mines?

rather large e/m so not sure best way to pass it onto the group even if that was wanted.

len

11. Flying Binghi

Flying Binghi Junior Member

gardenlen, ultimatly Chernoble was'nt a problem to those down wind (it was a concern at the time though) so wouldnt worry about the miniscule amount of uranium dust from Woomera. Theres likely more uranium dust from natural sources.

12. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

and has anyone thought where the dust storm came from? Outback south australia
    where the nuclear bombs were tested
    30Kg of plutonium went missing during those tests - all laid down in th eoutback and all blown over Sydney and Brisbane recently

why do you think the state government in qld said its OK to wash things down - they want the plutonium washed away before anyone finds it

13. Flying Binghi

Flying Binghi Junior Member

30 kilogrames eh.....maybe somebody sold it to Osama... :wink:

14. forest dweller

I was told by a leprechaun (that looked like Elvis) that the dust was full of powdered unicorn horn.

*Now where did I put my tinfoil hat???*

[​IMG]

*oh, there it is*

15. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

conspiracy?

yep

the nuclear tests didnt happen
    the plutonium was never vaporised nore was the uranium
    and it didnt settle down wind of the test site which doesnt exist
    and this wasnt the first major dust storm to hit sydney or brisbane from that area (which doesnt exist) since the 1940's, ten years before the tests didnt happen.

ever wondered why the state government suddenly relented and allowed water to be used to wash away the dust? ordinary dust doesnt pose a problem but conspiratorial dust just might

any reason the ABC covered the radioactive dust story? maybe they are part of the conspiracy

And wearing yoru tin hat outside is dangerous, you should wear it in a microwave

16. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

dunno f/b?

seems easy to deny, and realy i have no idea what happened to those downwind of chernoble, have we been honestly reported to about, the only way to know is to talk to those who live there, realy hard to believe nothing bad happened, all gov's have carpets they sweep things under.

now conspiracy or not it certainly seems to be outside the realms of theory, and if it is not a conspiracy then it is a cover up, or dishonesty from those in the know who reign supreme. to disprove it send someone around to test the dust at my place an honest unbiased test.

one thing that sticks out to me in these times of strict gov' water control measures, and with some places having very low dam levels then to grant a 9 day or was it week of unbridaled hosing down of rooves, and houses etc.,. etc.,. not even any ods one dy even the other day which usually reigns wh there are some relaxations. that might just be a warning bell that those who are in charge are holding back on something. if it is only dust then it can't harm the houses or cars or driveways but if it is contaminated then while it is there it poses some sort of risk that the gov' wants to manage by having it hosed away (no evidence at all then hey?).

so anyway once i learned of this being wholesale relxation on the eastern side of aus' we took fore warned fore armed approach and washed the roof etc.,. down and taken other steps to wait until we get a good fall of rain or storm to wash what we would have missed away. don't want to take the chance the gov' will come along later down track and test your tank water only to tell you it is contaminated and that you need to get rid of it and all the water and start again, probably with the proviso you pay a roof washer and show reciept to be allowed to save rainwater again. that is not beyond actions any gov' would take. simply can't be truste as they look after themselves 1st and the big boys second, we little folk don't rate, and as we don't stand united then we can only fall.

len

17. forest dweller

[​IMG]