Swine flu

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by crutina, Jul 29, 2009.

1. crutina

crutina New Member

What is the difference between the regular flu and Swine flu? there's no vaccine to either. people die from both. not everyone who has gotten swine flu has died. most people who have died from the disease lived in impoverished areas, were very young or very old and their bodies weren't strong enough to fight off the disease, didn't have enough money to take care of themselves properly, or had poor hygiene. Is there really much of a difference between the swine flu and the regular flu? Are people worrying too much over the swine flu?

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

Re: Swine flu

g'day crutine,

you could get run over by a mack truck tomorrow, so all the worry abot sf would be for nought, yes it will like any other flu type illness that can cause your demise affect those whose immune systems are at the lowest ebb (way i see it) so far any death in oz has been with people who had undisclosed to the public other health issues so sadly the flu tippled them over the edge.

but while the fear is there and alive in the end when a vaccine does hit the market place (that being the opperative word) the masses will clamer for it and a chem' co' will make massive profits and the vaccination might also have adverse effects on some who may also perish, but they will say that is a small price to pay for the masses (those who lose may not feel like that). can't see anything that is produced in this short time span being anything but poorly tested.

len

3. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

I don't know about Australia, but here in the U.S. it seems to be more scaremongering (probably to help take our minds off the economy :? ). So far, there are a grand total of 350 dead here. It has been estimated that that number is 0.5% (one-half of one percent) of the total who have come down with the flu. Others say the percentage of deaths is even smaller, because many people who actually came down with the flu didn't need medical attention, or their doctor didn't think their symptoms were severe enough to test them for it.

In an average year, 20,000 to 30,000 die of flu -- regular, garden-variety flu.

On the other hand, there were 37,261 traffic deaths last year. It must be an epidemic! :finga:

Sue

4. gardenlen

good thing sue,

keep it in perspective what treatment do they have to combat traffic fatalities?? and how many of the 350 whomever who died in relation to sf had other underlying health issues which made them more susseptable? over here it has been in all cases swine flu has not singularly caused a fatality.

len

5. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty

You've not had any deaths from swine flu on Oz?

I agree there is a lot of hype, the media being as usual pretty crap at dealing with this. But there are some things to pay attention to.

From a public health authority point of view the issues as I understand them are:

1. The H1N1 flu is a new strain and has come from a species that is not human, therefore it makes sense to keep an eye on what it will do. I think it's also worth keeping an eye on because it's come from factory farming i.e. a very unnatural situation.

2. All the deaths in the northern hemisphere have happened outside of the usual flu season. Health authorities will be watching to see what happens in your winter.

3. In past pandemics the first wave of the flu has been mild, the second wave has sometimes been very hard on humans. We're in the middle of the first wave currently.

4. There is the potential for H1N1 to mutate into something really deadly like the flu in 1918 which killed millions of people worldwide.

5. H1N1 is killing people already at risk, like seasonal flu, but it seems to be fatal for a different group eg young people with asthma that would be probably have been ok with seasonal flu are dying from H1N1. I haven't seen a good analysis of that yet, so that's theoretical at this stage.

I don't even consider vaccination an option. Better to learn now how to support your body to have good immunity, and if you are in an at risk group, then learn how to protect yourself.

6. gardenlen

g'day pebble,

tghat means that the deaths we have had (not sure how many) cannot be wholey attributed to sf, all people had other underlying health issues which made them vulnerable in which case the vaccination may also have had a bad reaction with them(it is not going to be safe for everyone the average will 50/50). how many get normal flu injections just to end with a dose of the flu because of it? do we realy know all the side effects from that process? i've never had one and never likley to.

yep work on your immune system now, dose up on vit c, vit b also and they say vit d3 very good for fighting off sf. in other words eat right eat at home wash you hands after going to doctors shops wherever, we carry that hand wash in car and lovely's handbag. grow yo own season fresh vege's fruit if you can. first sign of tickle in throat i get stuck into the garlic, horse radish and vit c tabs max dose works wonders.

sadly but as far as i am aware both our gov's have drafted or passed legislation to make having the sf vaccine and act of law and those who refuse could be imprisoned likely on a prison camp where they'll give it to you anyway.

if in doubt in the big cities or other places i suppose one could always use those medical grade face masks.

len

7. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

The drug companies are loving it :wink:

8. springtide

springtide Junior Member

I agree with Grahame - but a tiny paranoid corner of may mind say that this could be a little "V for Vendetta" with pharmaceutical companies being the cause and miraculously the "cure". :rolleyes:

9. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Perhaps the powers that be got sick of planning for a pandemic and thought... what the heck, lets practice for real :?

10. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

The good they may do is overwhelmed by the harm they inflict, from the trauma of being stuck with endless needles to inflicting the very disease they are supposed to guard against to, as this story shows, death.

There are alternate and vastly safer methods that all begin with a truly healthy diet as outlined in my
    https://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/index.htm Eating Plan; of course, drug manufacturers and the government they have purchased don't want you to believe that the foods you consume and the habits you adopt are the primary solution to establishing immunity to diseases and living longer. They want you to believe that their pharmaceuticals, including vaccines, are essential to your existence, and your children's.

Their wealth relies on your dependency, and so they will do everything to crush the notion of "natural" - meaning they don't profit from it, and you take back the control - health. They will spend three billion dollars this year alone in advertisements for their pharmaceuticals, preying on unsuspecting consumers' hopes and fears
    excerpted
    https://www.rense.com/general57/ddee.htm

[​IMG]

https://www.vaccineinfo.net/immunization ... ndex.shtml

11. gardenlen

the pic' speaks a thousand words ojo,

lol if it weren't so seriuos.

len

12. buff orpington

buff orpington Junior Member

you know what to take for swine flu?? OINK-ment

13. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

14. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

"There is the potential for H1N1 to mutate into something really deadly like the flu in 1918 which killed millions of people worldwide."

That is really just scaremongering. ANY virus could mutate at any time, tomorrow or 500 years from now. It could come from pigs or chickens or llamas or houseflies. Or never. That's like predicting the weather for April 1 of next year... you can guess, but it isn't a prediction, which requires knowledge.

According to this report https://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ar ... goryId=200 there have been 24 confirmed deaths and 11,194 confirmed cases of the virus in Australia. If I've done my math right (always questionable), those deaths comprise 2/1000ths of one percent (0.002) of the total that have been diagnosed with the flu, and you know that other people have had the flu and never went to the doctor. Underlying health issues are always part and parcel of something like this, so you can't rule for "pure" swine flu deaths.

Here's my standard for the days the media once again trots out the "Swine Flu Horror": What else is going on in your country's news? What about the world? Is it just a slow news day, and they need something to fill a gap so they can sell more advertising?

Just today, a friend of mine rather idly wondered if this swine flu "epidemic" was due to eating junk food, would that fact be instantly hushed up? You have your opinion, I have mine.
    :twisted:

Cynical, suspicious Sue :rolleyes:

15. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

p.s.

In 1974, a soldier at Fort Dix, New Jersey (U.S.A.) died of swine flu.

They rushed a vaccine into production and started vaccinating everyone within reach.

Twenty-five people died from the swine flu vaccinations.

Five hundred people came down with Guillain-Barré syndrome.

No other person except that single soldier ever died from the actual Swine Flu.

16. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

some months back when SF first hit the media I linked to some sites that had good information that this was a construct created by Big Pharma for its own profits.
    A poster here was pretty dismissive of the idea, but I think enough evidence is around to support the view SF has been constructed.

Now a corporate would never do a thing like that: Right?
    Um, history is full of examples of Big Pharma and others making profits from other's pain.

Stay informed - stay alert and dont believe what you are fed from the MSM.

17. gardenlen

also another thing taht is appearance to me anyway, notice how every or just about every peson who presents with flu like symptoms ends up being diagnosed with s/f???????????????

brissy's main hosp is processing flu patients on the footpath pretty much, the real story over crowded hospitals, collapsed hospital system, so if it realy does hit then people might die in the street hey. still no fatality casued directly and solely from s/f but.

and they are pushing elective surgery patients back these are the public system elective surgeries heaven to betsy it would be a long cold day in hell when they knock back paying patients. so again those waiting for necessarly procedures get pushed back again ie.,. men with benine prostrate conditions not easy to live with as it worsens while you wait, there are many more cases.

len

18. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

I think that's called watchful waiting.
    https://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... n10180930/

I use Saw Palmetto it decreases the number of elective prostate surgeries considerably. Anyway it makes the waiting more tolerable. It works alot better than proscar or any other pharmaceuticals I've ever been prescribed, with no nasty side effects.

19. gardenlen

i started using that a very long time ago when i got early indications of prostrate issues and it worked for many years along with one prescript tablet pressin that also helped. but there reaches a point when the prostrate has to be dealt with, i still take s/p and the other and have been told to also look at taking selenium as well.

when you consider a catteract job cost around $1100 wonder how many men could now have had their prostrate procedures if the rebates up to $8k for solar power, $2k for solar h/water and $1.6k for roof insulation, and $5k for pregnant bellies, would have been better spent for health? how many others on waiting lists may also have been taken care of, taking care of something in very short supply in this wealthy lucky country.

had an appointment with endochronologist cancelled by hosp' why? he has been seconded for the next 5 weeks to help with swine flu debacle, then he goes on 12 months holiday and no offer of another doctor to maintain the appointment, many others will also suffer this. they offred me diabetese educators yeh? like taking your car to the tyre store to have gear box fixed.

len