Permaculture projects and PDC courses in China?

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Lei Wu, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Lei Wu

Lei Wu Junior Member

I'd like to do a PDC course, does anyone know if there's any in mainland China? Thanks

2. david b

david b Junior Member

Re: Permaculture projects and PDC courses in China?

Hey there

As of yet I'm not aware of any projects on mainland China, but I know that there are some in South East Asia......and the intention is surely to move towards China.
    People can correct me if I've missed out on something here. But I think it might be a great idea to go on the projects part of the main page and check out the South East Asia projects. Possibly mail a few of them and ask them if they might be able to forward you onto anything that might be starting up in China.
    Otherwsie, maybe take a trip to SE Asia as an experience.

Kind regards and best of luck

David

3. david b

david b Junior Member

Hey there

Check out the South East Asia projects on the project page, off the main page. I don't know of any projects in China itself, but maybe if you mail the people in SE Asia they'll know of something.
    Or maybe consider going there for your PDC and then getting something going in China.

Good luck

David

4. christianshearer

christianshearer Junior Member

The Panya Project in Northern Thailand regularly hosts PDC courses. Our upcoming ones are coming up in April and May. you can check out our courses here:

https://www.panyaproject.org

also, I am currently in the midst of teaching a course in Taiwan, translated into Mandarin. The hosts of the course (Yamana Garden) are talking about doing another course possibly in December.

I am not sure of any courses on the mainland however. I hope this information helps at least somewhat.

Christian Shearer

5. Lei Wu

Lei Wu Junior Member

hi guys thanks for the replies.

I'll look into various projects and PDC courses in SE asia.

I also wonder if anyone knows if there are ways to get some financial support for my PDC courses as I probably won't have enough money to study the course if I had to go outside China.

Lei

6. christianshearer

christianshearer Junior Member

Lei,

Do you work for an NGO? Our courses at the panya project in May (as always) have a huge discount for NGO workers (US$300 for the whole course). We would be happy to offer that to you. If you are not with an NGO, we could work something out.

check out our courses at
    www.panyaproject.org

or e-mail us: [email protected]

I hope that helps
    Christian