IPSWICH AREA QLD

Discussion in 'General chat' started by jcj57, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jcj57

jcj57 Junior Member

Hi new to the forum, only in the Ipswich area 2 years. Are there others on this forum from my area. Trying hard to get my gardens growing especially my vegie patch, which is a no dig garden I started about 6 months ago. Now just trying to locate some horse poo this side of town.... (use to live on acreage 10 years ago and had unlimited supply from my own horses) - now suburbia and locating same without having to travel any great distance is proving a problem, work in the city - travelling the Ipswich motorway in everyday - no manure stalls in sight :(.

My 3 kids are all grown up and the last is just about to fly the coup. (My first sends the occassional offspring over for some R&R relief - the fun of being a grandparent) Have a young border collie whom I'm trying to educate & hope one day maybe do some agility with. For now its wednesday nights at obedience classes and it looks like another wet night ahead.
    Regards
    Julie

2. trishandpete

trishandpete Junior Member

Re: IPSWICH AREA QLD

Welcome, Julie, I wish we had some of that rain. We have a few horse poo stalls, no good to you down here in Victoria, though. Good luck with the pooch. We also have two new additions to our family: Bob and Sasha, 14week old Golden Labs. Very cute until they belly-flop into the dam.... and come out shaking. T

3. JoanVL

JoanVL Junior Member

Re: IPSWICH AREA QLD

Hi Julie
    We're in Dinmore - not far from you at all. Sorry, no help with horse manure though - my previous supply vanished. We have chooks and use their manure.

Things that grow well in Dinmore, which is a heavy clay area, are citrus, paw paw, passionfruit, loquat, silverbeet, cherry tomatoes, chinese cabbage, and just about all the regular herbs you can think of. And pumpkin.

Most of my veggie garden soil is made from compost and soil riddled to remove all the rocks and clay lumps. I use an old fan guard as a riddler.

Good luck with it all

Joan