1. foggyforge

foggyforge Junior Member

It would be great if the photos could be replaced in the photo album.Im surprised no one from the permies working overseas post any photos.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.Pictures from Bosnia etc.There was an article on the PRI site-re Iran
    I'm quite disenchanted with the permie movement.They all seem to protect their -family turf- income.
    Do a PDC ,collect the fee -thank you -Good by.If you not one of of my graduates dont call me.
    I have in the past suggested various avenue's for the more experienced could share some of their experiences,mentoring etc.
    All i got is a big silence.Must be busy i guess.
    How is Permaculture going to spread far and vide(in Australia) if there is no such help, i dont know.Who cares?
    Regards,forge (Bela Beke)

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Re: Who cares?

I think we're beginning to gain an upper hand on the spam here in the forum. You've brought up a good point. Perhaps cleaning up the photo gallery is the next step! :D

3. Tropicana

Tropicana Junior Member

I couldn't agree more, foggyforge,

If it weren't for this forum, I'd be floundering and probably making mistakes, but the more information available the better off we all are. Including the environment. It shouldn't have to cost a fortune to learn how to be kind to the environment and provide ourselves with the necessities of our diet.

Keep up the good work on this site guys, it only gets better!

Tropicana :)

4. janahn

janahn Junior Member

dear foogyforge,
    correct me if i am wrong. you expect others to give. what have you given.?
    janahn

5. Phil Hansen

Phil Hansen Junior Member

Designers need to earn a living too, some of us have mortgages to pay and children to support, feed and clothe. If we didn't charge for PDCs and other courses?????? Even in permaculture we need a check on reality and not live in an idealist fantasy where there is no money needed (Itried to barter my services with the bank, but they didn't need any PC designs done!).
    Phil :rolleyes:

6. foggyforge

foggyforge Junior Member

Thank you for the replies.
    Just for the record,i'm also part of the conventional economy.(mortgage,bills ,kids etcHaving re-read my initial post i dont see anywhere that i have suggested that pdc's or other courses should be free.)
    I have been talking -not to clearly about further education.Post PDC.
    I have donne PDC's -happy to pay for it.Doing a Dip of PC at the moment $8000 -value for money.
    I was talking about not being able to access experienced teachers for the purpose of being a mentoree.
    Mentoring-(please see link) https://www.usq.edu.au/beyondeducation/m ... whatis.htm
    https://www.talc.com.au/WorkforceDevelop ... fault.aspx
    As to what i have given - have ansvered questions when i had the answers. Mentoring less experienced colegues
    Im and i intend in the future to be available ( by phone or email )to advise others less experienced than i.
    regards,Bela Beke