self-sufficient organic/permaculture lifestyle for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by gardenlen, Jul 14, 2005.

1. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

2. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Len, I was unable to open your link.

3. Richard on Maui

Then I cut and pasted it into the address bar and deleted the last "." and that worked.

4. gardenlen

5. nobis77

nobis77 Junior Member

It works now.

Sorry to read you have to move, your place sounds idyllic. I'll be thinking about you.

I went to your site and I'm intrigued by all the recipes, but especially by the prominent advertising of your tick free conditions there. I was wondering: is the land naturally that way or have you managed things so that the nasty creatures died off? I can't work 2/3's of the land here for 2/3's of the year in large part because of them.

6. gardenlen

you can buy in areas here in queensland at least that i know of that have either few/very few or no ticks to worry about. i think it comes down to rainfall more than anything else. those who go for the higher rainfall areas usually end up in the areas with the worst tick populations. a property owner can manage ticks and keep his property basically free from them but he will be using chemicals to do it, there is no other way that i know of, of making your place tick free, apart from cattle breed selection that goes a long way in management.

we have a variety of ticks in our state eg.,. cattle ticks (the least damaging), dog ticks, shell-back ticks & scrub ticks (probably the most damaging).

len

7. Richard on Maui

Len,
    I have tried to email you twice in the last few days and keep getting the mailerdaemon (or whatever it is) notice that my message wasn't sent and that the computer has given up trying to send it...

Basically I am curious about your property. How much are you asking for it? I am also curious about issues like frost, average annual rainfall, distance from the nearest village, town, highway etc etc etc. Also, is the structure a legally permitted dwelling? If you want to email me it is [deleted by mod so you wouldn't get hammered by spammers!]

Thanks,

Richard

8. gardenlen

for all the structure is council aproved as a class one dwelling which is a home. it has final aproval so requiers no more council involvement unless a future owner has need to expand or whatever.

len

9. jeanneinsunland

jeanneinsunland Junior Member

Oh, Len!
    I'm so sorry to read this! I've been away for awhile, but been thinking about you and your wife. Oh, dear, I'd better email you.... :(

10. gardenlen

thank you jeanne,

look forward to you e/mail

len

11. jeanneinsunland

jeanneinsunland Junior Member

oooh, guess you didn't get it, then. I literally sent it as soon as I posted that. I'll ttry again. Just sending love and hugs, etc.

jeanne

12. gardenlen

for those who are depressed about land prices etc.,. etc.,. my advice is if you have the hankering to buy acreage do it now don't listen to real estate hype, if prices did fall it wouldn't be enough to compensate for the rise in interest rates.

my other advice is! you get what you pay for in land just like most other things, learn how to find good land there is a huge difference, and it isn't the job of real estate sellers to tell you what's what they simply don't know their only interest is selling or should i say flogging anything off to get the commission.

at the end of the day maybe more so with land purchases "Let The Buyer Beware"

happy land hunting.

len :wink:

13. gardenlen

14. gardenlen

bump :D 8)

15. Anissa

Anissa Junior Member

I've posted a link on a survivalist site that I go to. People are always looking for retreats/properties. Hope thats ok.

16. gardenlen

thank you anissa,

that's fine by us.

len :)

17. barely run

barely run Junior Member

What's the link to the survivalist site Annissa I would like to check it out.
    Thanks
    Cathy

18. Anissa

Anissa Junior Member

19. barely run

barely run Junior Member

Certainly a bit different on that site...some good...some out there..some absolute ##@@##. That's what I love about a free country. We can all have our say.
    Permaculture and sustainable living to me is still the best option for survival if ever the world wide catastrope happens.
    Cathy

20. Anissa

Anissa Junior Member

Yeah, definately some characters :lol:
    Quite a few are ex/current military types. Seen some bad stuff around the world. So unfortunately have seen the bad side of human nature first hand. :cry:
    Its a large cross section of people really, like I said, military, political, farmers, desk workers. Think I might be the only stay at home mum/gardener :D