Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by sushil yadav, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sushil yadav

sushil yadav Junior Member

The nonsense of "doing something" to save environment crops up once again.

Ever heard of doing less or not doing????

When the West was crazy about doing, doing and doing the East was trying to do less and stop doing.

It was all the doing of the West which led to Industrial Revolution and consumerism.

Millions of animal species did not destroy environment for millions of years.....What did they do to save environment???

Hunter_Gatherer Society did not destroy environment for about a million years....What did it do to save environment???

Agrarian Society destroyed very little environment (compared to Industrial Society) over a period of 10,000 years....What did it do to save environment???

2. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

So what are you NOT doing? Not driving a car? Not using public transport? Not using electricity? Not buying anything in shops? Not living in accommodation built with industrialised processes? Not earning a living? Not having a bank account? Not paying tax? Not voting?
    PLEASE, I am serious. You are obviously a passionate believer in what you espouse. I am interested in knowing how you have adjusted your life in relation to your beliefs?

3. sushil yadav

Cities are the Graveyards of Nature, Urban Dwellers the Executioners.

Environment has been destroyed by Urban Population, Urban Work and Urban Education.

All Industrial Activity that is destroying environment is being run by Urban Population and Urban Education.

Industrial Activity has destroyed so much environment in 250 years that there is hardly any environment left to save.

Industrial Activity for production of thousands of consumer goods and services must stop immediately....Millions of other species get only food from earth....The maximum that man can/ should get is food, clothing and shelter....Urban Dwellers have to either transform into full time food producers or they have to stop working.

Billions of animals are being slaughtered in Industrial Slaughter Houses every day.....Billions of fish are being killed by Industrial Fishing every day....Millions of acres of Forests are being destroyed by Industrial Activity every day....Millions of wild animals in forests are being killed by Industrial Activity every day.....Millions of tonnes of Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Industrial Waste is being added to environment every day....Millions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous Waste and eWaste are being added to environment every day.... Millions of acres of Fertile Soil is being killed by Cement, Concrete and Asphalt every day....Nuclear Industry has produced millions of tonnes of Nuclear Waste which will keep contaminating the planet with hazardous radioactivity for the next thousands of years.

Progress, Growth, Development.

This is terminology for all unnecessary and destructive work being done by Urban Population.

Growth Rate - Economy Rate - GDP.

These are figures for all unnecessary and destructive work being done by Urban Population.

If Urban Society stops its supplies to Rural Society it will live forever.

If Rural Society stops its supplies to Urban Society it will die within a month.

If Urban Society stops all its supplies to Villages......electricity, oil, machinery, equipment and consumer goods, Villagers will survive forever.

If Villages stop all their supplies to Cities......Food Grains and Vegetables, Urban Population will die within a month.

[ Villagers need Electricity, Oil, Machinery and Equipment to produce food for the Urban Population , They would not need these things to produce food for themselves]

Urban Work is not only dispensable it is highly injurious to planet earth.

Two centuries of Urban Work after industrialization has destroyed most of the biodiversity and ecosystems on earth.

Urban Work must stop immediately.

Cities, Urban Dwellers, Urban Work and Urban Education are a curse on this planet.

Urban Dwellers are Eco Killers, Eco Murderers and Eco Terrorists.

Urban Dwellers are serial killers of nature....Serial Killers of Animals, Trees, Air, Water and Land.

If consumer goods are eliminated from cities people will not die....If food and water are eliminated from cities people will die.

*Growth Rate* - *Economy Rate* - *GDP*
    These are figures of "Ecocide".
    These are figures of "crimes against Nature".
    These are figures of "destruction of Ecosystems".
    These are figures of "Insanity, Abnormality and Criminality".

Urban Population is a curse on this planet....Urban Dwellers are a curse on this planet.

Urban Population has destroyed necessary things [Animals, trees, Air, Water and Land] for making unnecessary things [Consumer Goods and Services]

Food, clothing and shelter are necessities, Not thousands of consumer goods and services.

For millions of years "Searching For Food" / "Producing Food" were the primary occupations of almost the entire human population in Hunter_Gatherer and Agrarian Society.

There is Zero chance of saving the little environment that is left on earth without fixing the problem of "Urban Population".

All Urban Dwellers are Eco Killers.....Adults as well as Children.

Urban Adults are already destroying environment by running Industrial Activity for production and marketing of thousands of consumer goods and services......Children are being groomed to do the same in future through Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education.

School and University Education has destroyed environment....All Industrial Activity is being run by Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education.

Everything in Cities is destructive in nature......Urban Dwellers, Urban Work, Urban Education.....Everything.

Environment has been destroyed by Urban Dwellers, Urban Work and Urban Education.

The source / cause of all Industrial Activity is Urban Population, Urban Work and Education.

**Urban population trying to save environment is like Petrol trying to extinguish a fire.**

Rural Population of this world is doing work.....Urban Population of this world is doing destructive work.

Rural Population is producing food......Urban Population is producing thousands of consumer goods and services.

Since Urban Population is not producing food, it has created thousands of unnecessary professions to keep itself occupied [People would go crazy without work]....Destructive works and professions of Urban Dwellers include Production of consumer goods and services, Marketing of consumer goods and services, Jobs in Tourism Industry, Entertainment Industry, Sports Industry, Military Industrial Complex, All kinds of unnecessary research and jobs in hundreds of other fields.

4. sushil yadav

Why should rest of the world suffer for the decadent and destructive lifestyle of Urban Dwellers????

Why should Forests be destroyed for the Industrial Projects of Urban Dwellers????

Why should Animals and Trees die for the Industrial Projects of Urban Dwellers????

Why should Villages and Tribal Land be destroyed for the Industrial Projects of Urban Dwellers????

Why should Rivers, Lakes and Oceans be destroyed for the Industrial Projects of Urban Dwellers????

A fraction of world population producing food for entire population....This is the root cause of all environmental destruction.

Rural Population producing food for Urban Population....This is the root cause of all environmental destruction.

Urban Population is not producing food, It is doing *Extra* Work which is causing *Extra* Destruction of environment.....Urban Population is producing thousands of consumer goods and services which has led to *Exponential* Extra Destruction of environment.

All Industrial Activity that is destroying environment is being run and promoted by Urban Population of the world.

Industrialization was the biggest crime on earth....The biggest act of killing, murder and terrorism on earth.

This planet can only sustain "Food Searching" or "Food Producing" Societies.

Hunter_Gatherer Society was sustainable.....Agrarian Society was sustainable.....The question of Industrial Society being sustainable doesn't arise.

We cannot save environment by destroying more of it.....We cannot save environment by destroying it for thousands of consumer goods and services in addition to food, clothing and shelter.

Animal Species had Zero Percent Urban Population.......Hunter_Gatherer Society had Zero Percent Urban Population.......Agrarian Society had less than Two Percent Urban Population.......All these societies sustained for millions of years collectively.

The current Industrial Society which has 50% Urban Population worldwide has destroyed most of the Biodiversity and Ecosystems in just 250 years after Industrial Revolution.......Industrial Activity has been promoted by Urban Population......Industrial Activity has been promoted by people who do not produce food.

This planet can sustain Animal Species.....It can sustain Hunter_Gatherer Human Society......It can sustain Agrarian Human Society......It cannot sustain Industrial Human Society.

This planet can only sustain food producing societies where almost the entire population is engaged in food production......It cannot sustain an Industrial Society where 50% of world population is growing food for entire population and the remaining 50% living in cities is promoting Industrial Activity.

Animals saved environment for millions of years because they destroyed it only for food.....Hunter_Gatherer Society saved environment because it destroyed environment only for food.....Agrarian Society saved environment because it destroyed environment only for food, clothing and shelter.

Industrial Society has destroyed most of the Biodiversity and Ecosystems because it destroyed environment for "Thousands of consumer goods and services" in addition to food, clothing and shelter.

In the Animal Kingdom, Hunter_Gatherer Society and Agrarian Society almost the entire population was engaged in "Searching for Food" / "Growing Food".

It is the Urban Population that is engaged in and promoting all kinds of Industrial Activity ......Mining Industry, Logging Industry, Energy Generation Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Transportation Industry, Construction Industry, Recycling Industry, Oil Drilling, Oil Refining, Millions of kilometers of Rail & Road network, Air Routes and Shipping Lanes.

Food, clothing and shelter......These are the maximum number of things this planet can provide to humans......The only way to save the remaining environment is by reorganizing the entire population so that food production remains the only primary activity just like it was for millions of years before Industrialization.

Industrial Society has existed for barely 250 years which comes to almost Zero Percent of Total Human Existence on earth....In fact Industrial Society has existed for only about 100 years....Although Industrial Revolution started 250 years ago most of the world became heavily industrialized only in the last 100 years....100 years of Industrial Activity has destroyed this planet.....100 years of Industrial Activity has destroyed what was not destroyed in millions of years on earth.

Humans have spent more than 99.99% of their time on earth in Non-Industrial Societies [Hunter_Gatherer and Agrarian].....Industrial Society is an Anomaly....Only Non-Industrial Societies are sustainable on earth.

A pure non-industrial society is not possible now because Industrialization has increased world population to 7 billion.......World population increased from 1 billion in 1800 to 7 billion in just about 200 years after industrialization.......In the absence of industrialization world population would have been less than 2 billion today.

If we want to save the remaining environment we must minimize the things that are destroying environment.

At present we are destroying environment for Food, Clothing, Shelter plus Thousands of Industrial consumer goods and services.

We must eliminate the things that were added last to the list......which means Thousands of consumer goods and services, most of which have existed for only about 100 years out of Hundreds of Thousands of years of Total Human Existence on earth .........these have to be eliminated.

We are approaching Environmental Apocalypse.......The only way to save the remaining environment is by stopping Industrial Activity for production of consumer goods and services immediately........Industrial Activity must be primarily limited to food, clothing and shelter.......and even in these three fields production and consumption must be kept to the minimum.....The food should of course be vegan/ vegetarian as far as possible.

5. martyn

martyn Junior Member

You do understand that if we go Vegan or Veg that there will be no longer any incentive to keep chickens, ducks, geese, cattle, sheep, alpaca's, goats and pigs. That they will, over a short period become extinct if farmers choose not to keep them and so destroy them instead of feeding them. And in addition we will loose the potenttial ecosystem functions that they provide us??

I keep chickens, pigs and cattle for ecosystem functions - but if I can't eat them, I can't feed them. If I can't eat them then I can't control the population.

If I decided just to release them, there will be uncontrollable population increase ( from my nieghbours not just mine), I won't be able to keep them out of my garden, I won't be able to stop them overgrazing and I'll start getting ecosystem disfunction. , which will lead to ecosystem destruction.

We need animals for food, fibre and tools. If you farm them correctly they only ever have one bad day. Getting rid of them all together is short sighted and will have a negative impact on biodyversity and the ecology. Farmed properly, domestic animals have a positive effect on agricultural land.

The again I am a pig farmer.

6. mouseinthehouse

We keep animals for ecosystem function without eating them. So far I am not overrun with animals :) They tend to die of their own accord at the end of their lifespan after mooching about our place for some years giving me poo and scratching about and keeping pests at bay. There could always be a transition from large scale animal farming to small scale if nutrition was mostly vegetarian.

7. martyn

martyn Junior Member

MITH

I respect your point of view, but I really don't think you can have a sustainable population of agricultural animals with out eating them. Maybe an individual can if they have a couple of wether sheep, some chooks or a castrated alpaca or maybe a pony. But how do they replace the ones that die??

If you had chooks for example - Do you go down to the rural store and grab another couple of pullets? If you do, what has happened to all the roosters that were hatched?? 50% of our hatchings are roosters - what do I do with 40 roosters a year ??? Nobody wants them in the city, they don't lay eggs so nobody wants them in the country, what do I do with them??? 40 roosters is niosy - I know I had forty roosters, Where do they go??????

I still don't see how a transition from large scale farming (which is more then 1?) to small scale vegetarian will be better for animals, you'll still have to cull millions and millions of animals - again, with respect, could you elaborate for on this for me please as I just can't see it??

8. mouseinthehouse

I guess here we don't have dozens of chooks. We let our girls sit on a FEW eggs and what hatches, hatches. Roosters and all! If we don't want any more chooks and we have a broody hen we take the eggs away. If someone lives where a few roosters will be a problem then they could source eggs from others like in my situation. Even with our small amount of chooks we can never eat all our eggs.
    With industrial abattoirs you have large scale breeding of meat animals for large scale slaughter. If we only consumed 5 or 10% of the meat we do now why could it not be possible to have very small scale local producers? There are already people with small organic farms producing free-range pigs for sale locally for example.
    I am not thinking about a sudden process but am just hypothetically dreaming of a planned transitional process. If we look back at the beginnings of domestic agrarian communities they only ever had the resources (or need) to raise and utilise quite small herds of domestic stock. Obviously our global population is now huge but we are theorising about a drastic reduction in meat eating and re-localising food production. The challenge is to find ways to achieve this in urban areas. Difficult but I don't think impossible. Anyway, I don't claim to have the answers, but it is good to discuss the possibilities. :)

9. sushil yadav

The cause of mass killing of animals is Industrialization.

Industrial Society is killing billions of animals in Industrial Slaughter Houses every day, millions of wild animals with Industrial Activity in forests every day, billions of fish with Industrial Fishing every day.

Half to two-third of population has become obese in Industrialized Countries.

Pre-Industrial Society was millions of times more vegan and vegetarian than Industrial Society.

In Pre-Industrial Society most of the food and population was vegetarian.

In pre-industrial society even non-vegetarians used to eat meat only on special occasions....There were very few people who could eat meat or fish every day or several times a week.

In the absence of Industrial Farming of animals, Industrial Slaughter Houses, Industrial Transportation and Industrial Refrigeration very few animals were available for killing and consumption.

The cause of large scale destruction of Animals, Trees, Air, Water and Land is Industrial Activity....The cause of large scale destruction of Forests, Rivers and Oceans is Industrial Activity.

10. sushil yadav

The most dangerous and destructive industry in this world is Education Industry.

Education Industry is the source of all Industrial Activity that has destroyed environment....All other industries are by products of Education Industry.

Universities and Colleges are producing millions of Scientists, Engineers, Economists, MBA's, Business and Finance Graduates who are running and promoting all Industrial Activity in this world.

Education Industry is the Mother of all Industries.

Education Industry is the Mother of all Environmental Destruction.

All Industrial Activity that is destroying environment is being run by Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education.

Education has destroyed environment.

School and University Education has destroyed environment.

Educated People are the biggest Eco Killers, Eco Murderers and Eco Terrorists.

Schools and Universities must be closed down.....Immediately!!!

Billions of animals are being slaughtered in Industrial Slaughter Houses every day because of Education.....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for Industrial Farming of animals, Industrial Slaughter Houses, Refrigeration/ Transportation Industry which transports live and dead animals all over the world and Marketing Industry which sells meat.

Billions of fish are being killed by Industrial Fishing every day because of Education.....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for Industrial Ships which catch fish, Refrigeration/ Transportation Industry which transports fish all over the world and Marketing Industry which sells fish.

Millions of acres of Forests are being destroyed by Industrial Activity every day because of Education.....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for Mining Industry, Logging Industry, Energy Generation Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Marketing Industry, Construction Industry, Transportation Industry, Oil Drilling and Refining Industry, Millions of kilometers of Rail and Road networks which are destroying forests moment by moment.

Millions of wild animals in forests are being killed by Industrial Activity every day because of Education....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for the decimation of wild animals.

Millions of tonnes of Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Industrial Waste is being added to environment every day because of Education.....Millions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous Waste and eWaste are being added to environment every day because of Education.....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for the poisoning of Rivers, Oceans, Land and Sky/ Atmosphere.

Millions of acres of Fertile Soil is being killed by Cement, Concrete and Asphalt every day because of Education....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for destruction of fertile soil by Construction Industry.

Education is responsible for millions of tonnes of Nuclear Waste produced by Nuclear Industry which will keep contaminating the planet with hazardous radioactivity for the next thousands of years.....This radioactivity will remain a potential source of cancer, death, multiple organ failures, physical and mental deformities for thousands of years....Scientific, Technological, Industrial, Business and Financial Education is responsible for Radioactivity produced by Nuclear Industry.

Animal Species searched for Food

Hunter_Gatherer Society searched for Food

Agrarian Society produced Food

Rural Industrial Society is producing Food

Urban Industrial Society is producing Thousands of Consumer Goods and Services.

Urban Industrial Society is the Anomaly.

The work of Urban Industrial Society is Extra, Unnecessary and Destructive.

Urban Work has destroyed environment.....Urban Work must stop immediately.

Production of Industrial Consumer Goods must stop immediately.

If Rural Society stops its supplies to Urban Society it will die within a month.

That is the worth of Urban Work in this world.

Environment has been destroyed by Urban Population, Urban Work and Urban Education.

All Industrial Activity that is destroying environment is being run by Urban Population and Urban Education.

If Urban Society stops all its supplies to Villages......electricity, oil, machinery, equipment and consumer goods, Villagers will survive forever.

If Villages stop all their supplies to Cities......Food Grains and Vegetables, Urban Population will die within a month.

[ Villagers need Electricity, Oil, Machinery and Equipment to produce food for the Urban Population , They would not need these things to produce food for themselves]

Industrial Activity for production of thousands of consumer goods and services must stop immediately....Millions of other species get only food from earth....The maximum that man can/ should get is food, clothing and shelter.

This planet can only sustain "Food Searching" or "Food Producing" societies....For millions of years "searching for food"/ "producing food" was the primary occupation on earth.

The whole society needs to be reorganized...Urban Dwellers have to be relocated in Rural Areas....Urban Dwellers have to either transform into full time food producers or they have to stop working in order to save the remaining environment from destructive Urban Work....They can be given food for free in order to save the remaining environment from destructive Urban Work.

11. sushil yadav

Stop Education.....Close Down Universities.

Stop Urban Work.....Close Down the Cities.
    Cities are the Graveyards of Nature, Urban Dwellers the Executioners.

Environment has been destroyed by Urban Work and Urban Education.

Urban Society is not only destroying environment moment by moment, It is also celebrating every moment of destruction.

Destruction.....Mining Industry, Logging Industry, Construction Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Energy Generation Industry, Oil Drilling, Oil Refining, Transportation Industry, Millions of kilometers of Rail and Road Networks, Air Routes and Shipping Lanes are destroying environment moment by moment.

Celebration.....Entertainment Industry, Sports Industry, Tourism Industry, Shopping Malls and Restaurants are providing non-stop entertainment to Urban Society.

This is the worth of Urban Work in this world.

This is the worth of Progress, Growth, Development.

This is the worth of Growth Rate, Economy Rate and GDP.

This is the worth of Consumer Goods and Services.

The planet is dying and gasping for last breath because of Urban Population.

This planet can only sustain "Food Searching" or "Food Producing" societies....For millions of years "searching for food"/ "producing food" was the primary occupation on earth.

The whole society needs to be reorganized...Urban Dwellers have to be relocated in Rural Areas....Urban Dwellers have to either transform into full time food producers or they have to stop working in order to save the remaining environment from destructive Urban Work....They can be given food for free in order to save the remaining environment from destructive Urban Work.

12. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Sushil, with all due respect:

'Stop education ... close down universities'? The only way to reduce humanity's insatiable appetite for Earth's finite resources is to increase the participation of the world's population in structures of free, secular and universal education. There is a plethora of evidence-based policy available, from across all sectors, to support this position.

It is rather naive to suggest that counterurbanisation alone is the silver bullet to all of the world's ill. Even if it were possible, to turn around the massive and upward global trend of rural-to-urban migration the world is currently experiencing, at what ratio (persons per square kilometre) could the 'rural' areas of Earth sustain humanity - both now, with 7 miilion-plus people living on the planet, and in the near future (2050) when it is projected there will be 10 million-plus of us?

It's all very well to continuously state the obvious (and perhaps, not so obvious) in terms of humanity's destruction of Earth's natural systems. However, without offering a viable methodology for your proposed solution/s, you run the risk of alienating the very people whose attitudes you wish to change.

In your part of the world (I suspect), cities may indeed represent the 'graveyards of nature'. However, in a growing number of cities around the world, great change is taking place. So much so that it would not be an exaggeration to suggest these places may one day soon represent the new realms of nature.

I think you underestimate the ability of the human brain to evolve, adapt and positively respond to the stimuli that only a free, secular and universal education can provide.

Ignorance is Earth's main aggressor. Education (whether it be received by sitting on a cushion and contemplating the proverbial universe in ones navel, or attending a university) is the key to defeating ignorance.

Kind regards, Mark

13. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Well here is a problem.

https://www.alternet.org/goper-who-...nks-poor-should-starve-rather-get-food-stamps

The above "human" got 3.2Million dollars in farm subsidies from the American people, but he thinks people should starve for not being able to get a job. I would say this is irony, but I find it tragic instead.

It is problematic snollygasters like the above idiot, and others like Senator Blunt that is the cause of world wide food tragedies.

In short, for everyone, what is the game behind the game?

Edit - If I got 3.2 Million USD I would of started my non-profit by now & really started helping my community instead of pocketing it like a common snollygaster.

14. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

The sad thing is that both sides are loaded with idiots. I've been so busy out in the back country and bush whacking photographing Nature, I haven't had any time to watch the News with both Democrats and Republicans and they spitting and poop throwing contests at each other. Europe is no different, although i don't really see anything that mirrors things Republican, mostly it's 100s of versions of socialism protesting each other. Funny, i was talking to some German Tourists and they were commenting that the Media in the States doesn't really report any of the ongoing failures of the E.U. and the angry violent protests in almost every major city over there. Spain has 26% unemployment, Greece 27.4 and so on. It's true not a word, although some did report on the violence in the Capital of the Socialist Dystopia of Stockholm. I just found out about it from calling back home to my wife in Gothenborg (Göteborg) Sweden.

Most all political ideologies worldwide are running neck and neck in the who's got the bigger ball sack for brains derby and no matter who wins the Natural World & human society in general loses. The only worse thing is believe that one side has the answers over the others.

Admittedly there are times I miss living in the backcountry and being disconnected from world events magnified through electronic devices. Of course that doesn't change the fact that things continue to go down hill despite the fact that I would choose to disconnect. But still!

-

15. sushil yadav

After torturing, slaughtering and decimating millions of species on earth humans call themselves the Most Superior Species.

Height of Insanity.....Insanity raised to the power of Infinity.

If millions of other species could vote, man would not get even a single vote for "Most Superior Species" but millions of votes for "Most Inferior Species".

Human Species is the Most Insane, Abnormal and Criminal Species on earth.

Millions in this world have died for trivial reasons.

Millions in this world have killed for trivial reasons.

Millions have died and killed for Family, Honour, Country, Religion, Money, Fame and Possessions.

Only a handful have died for environment without which Family, Honour, Country, Religion, Money, Fame and Possessions will not even exist.

Only a handful have killed for environment without which Family, Honour, Country, Religion, Money, Fame and Possessions will not even exist.

The planet is dying.....It is gasping for last breath.

Radical Actions are needed.

Stop Education.....Close Down Universities.

Stop Urban Work.....Close Down the Cities.

Do it Now.

A few years later would be too late.

**Oath of Environmentalists in Industrial Society**

Violence is Wrong....Violence is Unacceptable.

We will not indulge in violence to save environment.

We are willing to participate in violence against nature but not against man.

Violence against nature is okay, violence against man is not.

We are willing to witness the Torture, Slaughter and Decimation of millions of other species but not violence against man.

We are willing to witness the destruction of environment till the time there is no environment left on earth but we will not tolerate violence against People and Institutions that are destroying the environment moment by moment.

People who think they are Non Violent are highly mistaken.

No one is Non Violent in Industrial Society.

Every citizen of Industrial Society is a Serial Killer.....Serial Killer of nature.....Serial Killer of animals, trees, air, water and land.

Industrial Society has killed billions of farm animals in Slaughter Houses and billions of wild animals in forests with Industrial Activity for making consumer goods and services.....If we divide this number by total Industrial population we get per capita killing of animals.

Industrial Society has killed billions of Trees in forests with Industrial Activity for making consumer goods and services.....If we divide this number by total Industrial population we get per capita killing of Trees.

Industrial Activity has produced billions of tonnes of solid, liquid and gaseous Industrial Waste.....This waste has polluted and poisoned air, water and soil....If we divide this number by total Industrial population we get per capita waste which is a measure of per capita killing of air, water and soil.

Every citizen of Industrial Society is a Serial Killer.....Serial Killer of nature.....Serial Killer of animals, trees, air, water and land.

Even those amongst us who are living very simple lives are still using at least some consumer goods and services whose production and use destroys nature directly or indirectly.

** No punishment for the biggest crime on earth???? **

** No punishment for the crime which is billions of times bigger than the next biggest crime on earth???? **

** No punishment for the torture, slaughter and decimation of millions of species????.....No punishment for destruction of most of the biodiversity and ecosystems on earth???? **

Promoters of Growth Rate, Economy Rate and GDP are the biggest killers, murderers and terrorists on earth.

No punishment for the People and Institutions that have destroyed the planet in the name of Progress, Growth and Development???

No punishment for poisoning the planet with trillions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous waste, eWaste and Nuclear Waste???

No punishment for killing billions of acres of fertile soil [that was the source of food to millions of species] with Cement, Concrete and Asphalt???

No punishment for decimating fish in the oceans????.....No punishment for turning oceans acidic and warmer????.....No punishment for creating oxygen deprived dead zones in the oceans???

This planet belonged to millions of species, not just man alone.

Man has taken over the entire planet....The Land, The Sky, The Oceans.

Promoters of Growth Rate, Economy Rate and GDP are the biggest killers, murderers and terrorists on earth.

No punishment for the People and Institutions that have destroyed the planet in the name of Progress, Growth and Development???

A pure non-industrial society is not possible now because Industrialization has increased world population to 7 billion.......World population increased from 1 billion in 1800 to 7 billion in just about 200 years after industrialization.......In the absence of industrialization world population would have been less than 2 billion today.

If we want to save the remaining environment we must minimize the things that are destroying environment.

At present we are destroying environment for Food, Clothing, Shelter plus Thousands of Industrial consumer goods and services.

We must eliminate the things that were added last to the list......which means Thousands of consumer goods and services, most of which have existed for only about 100 years out of Hundreds of Thousands of years of Total Human Existence on earth .........these have to be eliminated.

We are approaching Environmental Apocalypse.......The only way to save the remaining environment is by stopping Industrial Activity for production of consumer goods and services immediately........Industrial Activity must be primarily limited to food, clothing and shelter.......and even in these three fields production and consumption must be kept to the minimum.

16. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

17. mouseinthehouse

Let us think for a moment, that somehow, globally, we made a pact to stop producing the thousands, no....actually millions, of superfluous consumer products that as you put it; 'were added last to the list'. What sort of social and environmental crises would occur due to the millions of workers who would suddenly have no income? What would desperate and destitute people do to gain food in the short term? Where would they get fuel for heating? Fuel for cooking? Where would they live? How would they obtain water? How would they wash themselves or their clothing? What sort of violence might we witness?
    If you have a plan on how to achieve what you envision we need, then as Markos asked; how?