Contacts in Darwin

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by angolachiapas, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Hello,
    I live in Chiapas, Mexico, but will be living in Darwin this summer fo a couple months. I am very interested in working and learning with permaculture practitioners, especially working farms, urban initiatives, and teaching centers.
    Is there anybody in Darwin, NT doing this kind og work?
    Thanks,
    Ian

2. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Re: Contacts in Darwin

Hiya Anglo-chiapas,

Permaculture is alive and well in Darwin [and surrounds]. If you need any assistance please PM me.

BTW, Ian.... is hardly a Mexican name. Are you Mexican or Scottish. Dont mind me, I struggle with anyone who misrepresents themselves.

cheers,

ho-hum

3. Re: Contacts in Darwin

thanks ho hum, i will for sure ask your assitance in finding the best PC sites to visit or volunteer at during my 3 month stay in Darwin. i am working on a master's for gaia university, and would like to document some of the projects going on in the NT.

as per your question, I am not "misrepresenting myself" as you tactfully imply, i am an anglo-american mexican of irish and danish descent, born and raised n the state of chiapas where i still live. please do not allow your current understanding to keep you from accepting this information.

my email handle, by the ways is angolachiapas, like the west african country, and not anglo-chiapas.

thank you, and i hope i dont come off as rude, just want to be clear.

i look forward to hearing about PC in darwin!
    Ian

4. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Ian,

Way to go, if you need assistance in the Northern Territory there are lots of folk here happy to help.

Asking anyone's bona fides is inherently wise. I can certainly offer you all sorts of assistance in your quest and want for knowledge but it requires basic information from you.

cheers,

5. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Ian,

Just one question: which summer?
    The Northern Hemisphere summer or our Summer?

It will help with assisting you.

cheers,

6. naught101

naught101 Guest

I'm in Darwin right now too, and am wondering if there are any permaculture groups in the northern NT.. My girlfriend is going to Uni here, and apparently there's a group of about 20 students who are keen to start some community gardening, using permaculture principles. Would be good to know if there's anyone already doing similar things, who they could hook up with.

7. Re: Contacts in Darwin

hmm, well.
    Been in Darwin one month now, and Ho hum, you have not been of much assistance in finding PC projects in the vicinity...
    Have met some interesting folks, but where are these "alive and well" projects you spoke of??
    anyway, will be here until Oct 2, and still hope to meet some permmies here in the top end, especially as it is looking like I will be returning next year for a longer spell, and wold love to network with local working projects.

8. apstar

apstar Guest

angolachiapas -
    sorry this is not about darwin - i am actually in central victoria... but:
    i was doing a search for permaculture chiapas and this thread came up. where abouts in chiapas are you? i would like to spend a few months (or a year) in san cristobal d. l. c. or close by in the next few years with my daughter and would be interested in getting involved in something of a pc nature while we are there. it's a long way off probably, but i wanted to make some kind of contact so that if i can pull it off, there might be some kind of starting point for us to get involved.
    i thought if i waited until closer to the time, i might not be able to find the thread.

9. lyjg0108

lyjg0108 New Member

when and where!

WantedThe new screenshot galleries that have been released lately have been assembled solely from player-submitted screenshots ?Ccheap wow goldit's been a true community effort. We’re now looking for good screenshots of Arena combat. Submit your screenshots, and also check the other subjects we're currently collecting screenshots of The Darkmoon Faire is in town, and it's on time this month! buy wow gold This time around you'll find it in Mulgore, just outside of Thunder Bluff. wow goldFor future visits to the Darkmoon Faire, you can always check the official Events Calendar to find out when and where!

If today will be your first time at the Faire, wow goldDaniel Whitcomb has a few neat little guides of you to take a look at, right here on WoW Insider.cheap wow gold First, buy wow gold we have a guide for those interested the Faire's ticket system(why you would be, I do not know), and another about the very cool trinkets you can get via the Darkmoon Decks.

The real awesome part about the Faire, though? wow goldThe Iced Berry Slush. buy wow gold I'm serious! Go try one!

10. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

LOL with that mix you'll fit in really well in Darwin.

One of the most racially mixed cities I've ever lived in (don't live there now)

You will love it there.

i'm sure everyone will tell you to go to the Mindel beach markets - - you have to - - and there you will see what I mean by a great mix of peoples

11. Suzie

Suzie Junior Member

Hi,
    Just thought I'd mention I have a friend (Jane) who lives in Armidale who has been invited to Darwin to run a permaculture
    course at Easter time this year. Jane has an amazing property and has been running workshops for a while now - it appears that the "happening thing" in Darwin is being organised and will soon really be happening.

Its funny, when you go to an area it takes a while to find out where everyone is doing the happening doesn't it.

Good luck

12. knibbZ

knibbZ Junior Member

Hi my dad is a very respected Permaculture designer he has taught with Bill m and has worked for a number of years overseas and in australia. i am now living in Darwin and is is very interested in coming up here to teach. would anyone be interested in this.
    my contacts are
    or [email protected]

13. mexico-fg

mexico-fg New Member

thanks for the little info. :D