Looking for Tassie land

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by Paul Kean -Ringo-, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Paul Kean -Ringo-

Paul Kean -Ringo- Junior Member

Greetings all,

I am currently looking for land in Tassie to build my own place.I don't have a specific area in mind but somewhere that is nth facing, timbered/pasture,water(dams/springs/creek).Eventually I will swale and dam if necessary as I am an earthworks consultant.The bigger plan is as demonstration farm for permaculture techniques and sustainable agriculture.
    50 - 150 acres would be good,up to $150,000.00, but as I am putting out feelers I am interested in any inquiries.
    Should anyone know of or have such property for sale, please contact me.

Ringo

2. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Hey - Have you considered Inverell in northern NSW?
    Its got a great climate - a reasonable rainfall and land is relatively affordable.
    Quiet an over-looked pocket of the country.
    I know it is NOWHERE near Tassie, but it has a lot of the fetures and attractions that interest people in Tassie.
    Inverell is a GREAT town - friendly people, extremely family friendly, good schools, good sporting fraternity, a coalition of organic/permie/biodynamic people starting a food co-op.

People think it is cold because it is associated with Armidale and the Northern Tablelands - but the temperature is much more temperate than the tablelands. And not as hot as the plains.

Town water - and NO WATER RESTRICTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no traffic lights! Easy living.
    Population 12,000, but servicing a surrounding district of some 40,000+

check it out. 6hrs Sydney or 5hrs Brisbane. But after you've been here a while you dont really want to go near either of them!

3. living simple

living simple Junior Member