The Permaculture Chatroom

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Tezza, Dec 29, 2007.

?

The Permaculture Chatroom

1. Lots would love to use it more

100.0%
  2. No interest at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hiya everyone...

Just as an extra to our recent queries regarding the chat Room...

The chat room, is still operating as usual...

This Time i bumped into Murrey The moderator to this board.....

Hes given consent to putting a sticky up to promote and explain about the workings of the chat line....

Just click on the "chat Room" on top right hand corner,when finally into the room its advised to turn your speakers on as this maybe the only way to communicate with other"chatters"

The added bonus of sounds will be the ability to send silly sounds to each other "just to let others know you are available to chat"...

If we can prove that the chatroom is a working concern, Sir Muzza will give us easy acsess to the room for a longer period..

This "chatroom was first installed to enable far easier communications and at a much faster responce time then the usuall posting times....

Am also looking for Experienced Permies to help man the chatroom, or at least visit on a reguler basis to somehow get this worthwhile again.
    You dont have to be an expert to visit or be a poster in the room...

Please take advantage of this oppertunity to better converse between the
    ever expanding members to this :pERMACULTURE SITE..

Thanks for your responces and the great chats that we may soon have in the future...

Tezza

Billy VanCuren likes this.
  2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hello everyone...

Just wanted to offer my time on duty in the chatroom this Friday 1st of Febuary..from approx 7 am western Australian time to Midday the same day..

The chat will be open for every and anyone wanting to chat on any "permaculture subject"..from begginer, to those experts, that may be lurking around among us.....Everyone wellcome...If this takes off we can look at doing this regularly,

Please remember to turn your sound equipment on so as to announce your arrival

Tezza

3. honeyeater

honeyeater Guest

Re: The Permaculture Chatroom

Hi,
    Am brand new and yes very interested in chat room.. not sure how to register my vote though?
    Ta
    Honeyeater

4. honeyeater

honeyeater Guest

Doh!
    Realised i was not logged in for some reason.
    Have voted now!
    :rolleyes:

5. bimbylou

bimbylou New Member

Hi...brand new to this site...and chat rooms...I need some advice re comfrey...I want to buy some seeds or plants for my forest garden to be!! But I live in WA and so far all I have been able to source are NO to WA messages regarding comfrey....does anyone live in perth and have some to sell? Thx

6. ppp

ppp Junior Member

I honestly don't think it is worth pushing these things.

Personally, I am not keen on the idea of a chatroom. My experience of chatting is that it can involve lots and necessary niceties, plus people have to be online at the same time AND people find they are to chat constrantly rather than read at their leisure including other sites, and respond when they want.

I think the standard threads like we have here are far more valuable and sustainable, with much broader readership..
    Trying to get "experienced permies" to donate their time to man a chatroom which might be empty, I think is a waste of time from both the people trying to force the issue AND people trying to "volunteer".

Finally, I'm not sure what improvement in communication the chatroom will provide over the existing threads. There is no reason why responses can't come thick and fast between people online at the same time in the normal way.

7. missf

missf Junior Member

Farmer
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Dry

excuse me for being blonde but is there a chatroom as i have not found it!!! :p i would love to use it and meet like minded people and expand my knowledge and friendships. please explain :))

8. juhill

juhill Junior Member

missf I'm not blonde and I can't find it either so..... "Where do ya get it?"

9. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Its been discontinued....Dont know why....

Probly by someone who dont give a toss or someone who knows everthing and dont like sharing it around...

As for ppp s sugestion....that dont gel........post dont come thick and fast,

Being the originator of getting the chat room years ago was to help all of us newbies included to maybe get and answer strait away instead of never or a few days later...

I used to know bugger all years ago..and woulda died to get an instant answer...or even any answers........Thats why i nominated my self and called for volounteers....

but i think all the experts have gone now....probly all pissed off by "all the crap"..

its good to see numbers up still but wheres the old crew gone.....who knows,probly enjoying time in their gardens,like me....

Tezza

10. TheCrone

TheCrone Junior Member

Oh, I just got all excited for a minute until I read your post that it is no longer a function here. :(

11. Noz

Noz Junior Member

I think that you can buy some from Earthwise in Subiaco WA

12. Noz

Noz Junior Member

You can buy it from City Farm, run by Men of the Trees. This is near Perth. Also you can take a root cutting.

13. boorerberongal

boorerberongal Junior Member

Well hello there , What is happening at North Richmond ?

14. Noz

Noz Junior Member

Have you found some? Mine is pretty young still, but I seem to have a few plants, so could give you one.

15. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Re: The Permaculture Chatroom this is my sort of chat room

hello, olly olly octopus.

this is my sort of chat room,,,there is no bastard here,,,it is a hermits chat room....prrr prr prr

here it is heaven, nothing ever happens. I can be as weird as I want and its all ok,,,i'm hiding in a box called the permaculture chat room.

I wonder if i can swear?....bum!
    I said BUM!fuck ya then.

god it is peaceful here. I need a sign though; a sort of "piss off the hermit is in" sign.

i'm doing a funny walk now. :axe:
    i'm going to drop me dacks :butthead:

this is why i am pro technology man. ...to do this sort of thing prior to the internet meant firstly finding a decent box or digging a nice deep hole.
    nah, i like this chatroom thingy,,,and what is with these blind fools that can't find it- if I'm not there, where the fukami?
    Somewhere in space and time - can someone turn up the heat, and what is that smell.

there is an echo - hello hello, your mama was a bad man!
    This is clever.
    regards, Kimbo

16. kimbo.parker

Re: The Permaculture Chatroom Kimbo to Admin.

hello,

can you tell me why i can't view 'who is online' these days. i used to be able to see who was logged on with a click, this made messaging easier.
    regards, Kimbo

17. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Prob'ly cos the PM's have been disabled I guess.

18. tsi

tsi Junior Member

Not necessarily a chat room is what I need, but I just would like to take part in a friendly, active forum where I could talk, share ideas and views, get advice, watch and show pictures, make friends with others interested in permaculture, gardening, ecology ... Wondering what would be the best site for that? 8)

19. kimbo.parker

hello tsi,

friendly ! - we can do friendly :D
    please relax with your posts, share, this place is one of several that are good to hang out on for me. Variety, diversity and enough Australiana to keep it relevant to home.
    regards, Kimbo

20. tsi

tsi Junior Member

That's good to hear kimbo :D
    Sorry for my un-relaxed tone, just being eager to learn, hang around and get new ideas, and was wondering whether all the discussion, ideas and colours are somewhere else, on a site that I am not aware of :)