hello! and metal fab questions

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by JohninWI, Nov 24, 2007.

1. JohninWI

JohninWI New Member

Hello,
    Just joined today.

I have just inherited a pretty sizeable metal working shop. I have a little bit of skill, and many projects I'd like to pursue with the equipment. Trellises, cages, an "eggmobile"....

I was wondering what you guys thought about a little weekend part/time industry? Any thoughts on particular tools or other gear that you thought "hmm, someone ought to make this..."

Anyway, I look forward to digging through the archives. Quite new to the field, just getting my feet wet with research....

2. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

Someone should make this but not for the price they're selling for:

[​IMG]

It's a vermin proof chicken feeder - with a pedastal that opens the lids to let the chooks in, but pidgeons and doves and rats are too light to get the mechanism to work.

If you can do one for a reasonable price - sign me up (I'm in Australia - no idea where you are)

3. beherit

beherit Junior Member

^^^ co-signed ^^^

hopefully the WI in the nick doesn't stand for Wisconsin, postage costs could be a nightmare!

4. PDB

PDB Junior Member

That looks like a good idea paradisi. Did you have to train to chooks to use it?