New girl from Brissy!

Discussion in 'General chat' started by elliceh, Nov 21, 2007.

1. paradisi

paradisi Junior Member

that was my pic

I took it to caputure the kooka. we're not breeding just the odd feeding. That one has been christened baby by Sandie. It comes down and sits on her arm. There's four or five others that come around every now and again.

Very welcome visitors too - they help control the larger locust/grasshoppers and keep the skink population under control and any other bigger reptiles don't visit when they are around

2. rhancock

rhancock Junior Member

Sorry, Len, it was paradisi's picture - on top of the hills hoist is a kookaburra.

I often wonder about the story behind people's pics. Mine's a garden design I did for my veg garden here, now a chook run, but I still like the design. I'd like to put the chook run in my neighbours garden so I can put the veg garden back!

Kookaburras are a gardeners friend! Anything which eats grasshoppers has to be encouraged. We occasionally have afew here, but they're not regulars.

3. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

that's ok ricahrd,

actually saw our very first kooka just down the road aways. this morning saw our first willy as well the other day about 5k away.

these nw 'burbs baely people friendly but outside of those awful crows they are no bird life friendly, and never will be.

len

4. Greenearth

Greenearth Junior Member

Re: New girl from Brissy!

Good luk m8 - you've landed on your feet!

5. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

wellcome ellieceh to our board..

Yes two kinds of lady bird one is an insect eater the other is an leaf eater

More spots means they eat leaves

Tezza