1. miss.vitalis

miss.vitalis Junior Member

hello to everyone!
    I just read a book about permaculture and I'm very interested in finding more informations on how to make my garden.
    a big :wave: from Pula (Croatia)

2. nobis77

nobis77 Junior Member

Hello and welcome,

Which book did you find? Right off the top of my head would be: Introduction to Permaculture by Bill Mollison.
    Contrary farmer and The man who created paradise, both by Gene Logsdon- these two are not really permaculture related but great for getting me excited about my own little farm and the often drudgerous work involved.
    Four season harvest by Elliot Coleman.
    Only Introduction... is related directly to P'C' but these are the core books that I always go back to for inspiration.

3. miss.vitalis

I got a really small book by Graham Burnett - the english translation would be "Permaculture - the guide for begginers". When I was reading it I felt like permaculture was the right thing for me. This book just came into my hands when I finally got to rebuild my garden from zero, so I was checking out on the internet if there is a forum where I could read informations from fist hand. Thanks alot for your advice, I'll try to get those books you sugested.

4. jeanneinsunland

jeanneinsunland Junior Member

That word just became a permanent fixture in my vocabulary!

Miss Vitalis, welcome! I am also new to permaculture and this forum. I wish I had found it a long time ago, but I think we will learn a lot and hopefully be able to share a lot with others. One great thing about permaculture is that you can still incorporate your previous gardening knowledge, you don't need to start from scratch. Although there may also be a lot that you leave behind. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi!

5. miss.vitalis

thanks jeanne!
    i'm totaly new - i have a big garden, and my parents grow alot of vegetables, cherries, figs, olives...
    i came across permaculture last week watching tv, actually my husband dragged me away from the computer to see some interesting facts on the tv... i got a little book about permaculture and while reading it i felt like it was made for me!!!! - not only for the garden, but for my life in general :D since i'm in the process of building my garedn from zero, i feel like i have to do it in "permaculture style"! :wink: