The Blue Chookshed

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by living simple, Apr 17, 2007.

1. living simple

living simple Junior Member

Hi all,

I promised that i would post some piccies of our chook shed for you to see, since you all helped out with the hints, design, process and picking the type of chooks we wanted. So from start to finish, you've been there!

If you are interested, have a look at the Photo gallery under 'latest additions'!

Cheers
    Lyn

p.s
    I'm not great with computers, so i hope they downloaded ok, etc!

2. arawajo

arawajo Junior Member

Well done - pics worked and chooks look happy! The blue chook house is better than the shack at our place. I want to come back as one of your chooks in my next life lol.

3. macthedog

macthedog Junior Member

Great chook shed & enclosure - need to make sure my chooks don't see it or there'll be a mutiny :D

4. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Well done Lyn. :D

5. sammiiz

sammiiz Junior Member

Thank god my chooks haven't learnt how to use the PC yet... if they saw those pics i think i would surely be disowned!!

Look excellent, well done :D

6. kathleenmc

kathleenmc Junior Member

Hey Lyn...brilliant job...very happy chooks now I bet! Congratulations.

Kathleen

7. sweetpea

sweetpea Junior Member

Lyn, very cute chook house! I haven't raised chooks, so I'm assuming that little box on the back with the lid that lifts is where you can reach in and get eggs? Very clever! And with storage, too. Nice!

And how did you get your chicken wire so nice and straight?????

:lol:

8. living simple

living simple Junior Member

Thanks for your comments guys! The praise is definitely an incentive to finish other jobs now!!

I wish i could take all the ego

Sweetpea, you are right! That is a little hatch where we can easily lift the lid and collect the eggs (good in theory, but there is one chook who seems to like laying her egg on the sawdust floor inside!), so every now and then i have to go indoors to collect - but is a good reminder to check their water while i'm in there!!

The trick to keeping the chicken wire tight is just a matter of pulling the bottom length of wire (as seen in the picture taken inside the chook run) up to the length of chook wire hanging down the side. We use a screwdriver to hold it in place while we clip it together with a special little gadget we purchased from the Ag store (worth its weight in gold!!).

Anyhow, you are more than welcome to come have a look for yourself if more information needed! Hee, hee!

Well, back to the garden for me . . .

Cheers
    Lyn

9. macthedog

macthedog Junior Member

Hi Lyn ..... can you just run the trick with the chicken wire past me again ? I'm having a slow day today I think .....
    Bernie