truth behind milk

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Parsley, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Parsley

Parsley Junior Member

2. hedwig

hedwig Junior Member

wel I am not very ideological about pasteurization.
    In summer raw milk is simly impractic it splits easily and is simply too expensive (and nobody here likes sour milk)
    On the other hand side there are very yummy cheeses made from unpasteurized milk. ( I don't know if they are sold in Australia - they are mostly of the stronger smelling sort). But it's said that one schould't eat them if you are pregnant.
    My husband says unpasteurized milk tastes better.

3. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

from my stand poijnt we certainly don't need pasteurized milk and even less hoemogenised milk. pasteurisation was bought in at a time when children where being suppsoedly affected by drinking raw milk the affects where in the hearing and speech development side.

i have also seen information a few years ago to suggest that the raw milk may not have been the cause or total cause.

but all that a side back then lots of dairy heards where affected with T.B & bercilosus (spelling?) so the perception was that milk had to be sterilised which kills good and if any bad bacteria, nowadays our heards are free from the above afflictions so if hnadling prctises are kept high and hygenic then why do a process that is not necessary.

when we lived in rural we drank raw milk from a local dairy farmer, and on occassions so did our grand children school age.

good fresh whole milk will last up to 10 days in the fridge.

anyhow that stuff they sell on the shelf even the one that "looks and tastes like milk" is little more than a white cocktail of chemicals, how silly they must think we are to bring out a product like the one i mentioned above "looks and tastes like!". only real whole milk looks and tastes as it should.

can't answer for the tactic of saying pregnant women should not eat cheese made from pure whole milk??? my mother drank whole milk while she was pregnant as did all the others, even in the 50"s ther preffered to buy fresh dairy milk.

len

4. murray

murray Junior Member

5. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

If milk is so bad, why are most of the peoples who drink milk generally taller than peoples who don't? I wouldn't claim to say that milk drinking peoples have taken better care of their land, but they sure haven't done badly themselves...

6. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Milk

Interesting link
    They don't like milk?

Most of the people on the planet (% wise) are not genetically able to digest milk.
    So you wonder what it is doing to those who drink it and cannot digest it.
    Does it build up as a toxin in the body?

Asians get most of their calcium from greens.

7. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Yeah, horses for courses, I say. It takes all sorts to make a world.

8. frosty

frosty Junior Member

I wont touch pasturised milk and especially not pasturised cows milk :evil:

more people in the world drink goats milk than cows milk and it is much more suitable or humans ........ the A1 type of casein in most cows milk is not digestable and can cause various problems and allergies icluding autism

https://www.enzymestuff.com/rtcowmilktypes.htm

goats are also much more sustainable and produce many times their own weight in milk each year for a much smaller amount of feed than a cow !

frosty

9. healingorganics

healingorganics Junior Member

we drink a milk called cleopatra's bath milk it is totally raw and full of everything. however all milk products should be consumed in small amounts. Tahini is a great source of calcium

healing organics

10. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

When I was little, my parents had friends who ran a dairy in Bourke. The husband would milk the cows late at night and early in the morning. The unpasturised milk went through a chiller and straight into the carton-filling machine, operated by the wife. After the morning milking, the crates of cartons where loaded into the truck and taken directly into town for distrubution.

As far as I could see, the process was quite clean, and the raw milk was certainly fresh.

Then the dairy board decreed that the milk should be pumped into a tank, to await collection by a big tanker truck, which took the milk hundreds of miles to Dubbo for processing and packaging, after which it would be returned to the shops in Bourke.

Suddenly the people of Bourke went from getting fresh, chilled, raw milk that would be no more than 12 hours old on their doorsteps, to getting a "processed dairy product" that could never be less than 3 days old.

11. gardenlen

that's called progress alex, under the cloud of being in the interest of human safety.

we needed some milk quickly a couple of days aog so my lovely bouhgt a container of this alluding to the farmers selection stuff, so next morning i tried it in my coffee, all i can say is how the heck can people drink that muck it was just like a chemical cocktail.

we buy an organic product not homogenised not sayng it comes as fresh as it should but it certainly tastes more like milk.

no wonder the advertise product now "that looks like milk and tastes like milk" they wouldn't have to say that if it was milk.

len

12. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

"The benefits of industrialisation", Len. As the population grows, so called "economies of scale" make it possible/necessary to distribute products using militaristic/industrial methods. Small-scale local production is swept away or consumed by the massive structures that inevitably result. :cry:

Industrial production has created a lot of benefits, but sadly, it can't be disengaged from fascism. I'm afraid it will always serve the centralisation of power. :evil:

I had some fresh Jersey milk at the PRI a few weeks ago. It was delicious. Not at all like the stuff we buy from the shops. 8)

13. gardenlen

yes alex,

can't be beaten fresh from the cow i lived on it for a few years when in rural of recent times, so guess i'll never be able to come back to this chemical cocktail lots buy and drink as milk.

len

14. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

AND theres no point in crying over spilt milk either...

I love my milk,Tastes far better then tap water,no good for my body but gotta be better the chlorinted water huh?

Humans are the only animal that drinks the maternal foodstuff of another animal..

Tezza

15. frosty

frosty Junior Member

16. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

We're looking at another example of Rigorously Applied Stupidity. The more I look at the way society is being run, the more I realise it is completely barking mad!

:(
    :(

17. frosty

frosty Junior Member

more from Mercola

18. macthedog

macthedog Junior Member

Am I right in thinking that it is illegal to sell non-pasteurised milk in Australia ?

I was told by a Queensland visitor that they acquired non-pasteurised milk by buying a share in the cattle of a local farm and having their 'dividends' returned as milk - or some such arrangement so that the farmer was not technically selling the milk.
    I guess this is another form of community supported agriculture ......

19. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

That's correct. According to Graham Peachey, CEO of Food Standards Australia New Zealand:

https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/newsroo ... as2782.cfm

Interesting to note here, that one of the greatest improvements in human health has turned out to be infection control through improved hygiene. Mr Peachey seems to acknowledge this, while conveniently overlooking the unexamined negative effects of interferring with the food itself.

20. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Interesting Alex...so was Mycobacterium tuberculosis the cause of TB infections in the past?