Computer software - farm/permaculture design for disabled us

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Martin, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Martin

Martin New Member

Hi , I,am interested in the above but have to operate my pc using a mouth stick ,something simple that includes buildings,services,vegetation,paves,roads possibly something that works with airial photos.Any idears would be helpful.Martin

2. d_donahoo

d_donahoo Junior Member

hey martin -

most people i've met use CAD functioning software for design. and i am pretty sure there would be some software out there that would be compatible with your needs.

the software you are describing sounds excellent - maybe someone needs to hire a computer programmer to design something specific.

sorry could not be of more assistance.

CAD works well - especially because of the ability to map contour lines and then pre-determine water courses, house sites, map the movement of the sun, shadows and that sort of thing.

good luck on your search

dan d

3. twiggy

twiggy Junior Member

what are some CAD progams?
    are any available for free as internet downloads?

4. d_donahoo

d_donahoo Junior Member

hey twiggy - most people who are fluient at picking up software like photoshop and others should, with some time have no probs using CAD.

Auto CAD is highly regarded, and highly expensive -

this site:

https://software.geocomm.com/scripts/cad/

has some interesting plug ins and simple starting programs that do the basics - and are freeware

best to hit google - time in "free software CAD" and see if you can find something you like.

cheers

dan