Bill Mollison on Aquaculture

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by permacultureplants, Feb 1, 2007.

1. permacultureplants

permacultureplants Junior Member

Thanks so much for the support and well wishes from so many people. Your enthusiasm in the Permaculture Design Course audio set, taught by Bill Mollison, has pressed me to continue preserving my collection.

It is not without many sleepless nights that I present
    Aquaculture, a Permaculture Perspective.
    [​IMG]
    I trust that the listener will be suitably transported to another time and another space.
    https://www.permacultureplants.net/Audio/audio.htm

2. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Thanks so much Jeff...fantastic work again mate. 8) :thumbright:

3. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Perma,

I am forever interested in knowledge past. Whilst I do not ignore science, technology or anything like that. I was truly fascinated to listen to BM talking about 'hurricane gardens'.

I live here in cyclone country and can appreciate the concept very much. Interestingly, just this past year we saw bananas in Australia go from starvation prices ie 99cents per kg up to $14 per kg. Much was said and a lot of 'ooh aahs' were made of this issue. In essence banana production was always going to be cyclical, as nature is anyway.

My point is not about banana prices but all about the contribution that Mollison & Holmgren have made to our societies. May they keep on giving.

Thanks Perma for making it available to those cynics amongst us - mainly me.

Cheers

floot

4. permanut

permanut Junior Member

Another expensive C.D PP,why don't you get a real job?

5. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Yeah PP... buy a cotton farm or start selling nuke weapons... plenny money in them jobs..

floot

6. permacultureplants

permacultureplants Junior Member

Thanks Floot.
    Design for catastrophe is always strong on Bill's agenda. Given that we are in a whirlwind of record-breaking weather, he was absolutely right back then. I remember him saying once (although I haven't got a tape to prove it) that with all of the changes we have made to the atmosphere no longer can we expect climate, just weather!
    As Richard commented earlier. This was in the late 70's and early 80's. No one was talking like that. The price of bananas is only the tip of the iceberg. We are in for a wild ride. Too little change too late.

Sorry if it disturbs you Permanantlynuts but I can't imagine that I could do a bigger service to the planet than save a little of the insight of Mollison, while trying to live the life. Hey I got a quote for you from da man! A sneak preview of the next "expensive CD"
    The next set will deal with finances and funding the revolution. With the sales from the last set I am servicing one of my tape decks so the pitch of the voice will be much more acurate. But this quote is from a public meeting and will be on an 80 minute, "minimal cost" audio CD, just like you suggested...
    So click below for a slightly compressed mp3 file. Get out you stop watch and see how long it takes and multiply the time by the kilowatts of energy that are being used around the planet to get this information to you and use it.
    https://www.permacultureplants.net/Audio/information.mp3