URGENT GIVEAWAY Muscovy Drake

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by ellymay, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

I have a rather large Black & White Muscovy Drake needing a new home ASAP. He is around 12 months old.
    Located in Kallangur, QLD. email [email protected], message me or post a reply.

2. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

Do you still have the drake?

3. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

yes he is still looking for a new home

4. chooky

chooky Junior Member

This might be a long shot but if you can somehow send him to Sydney I will take him. I am actually south of Sydney but I have family up there and can easily get him from there.

I have no idea how to get a duck from QLD or how much it would cost. If you can find out and pm me, I might pay the transport costs if they are under $20. I honestly have no idea of the cost, it might be way too much. let me know either way. I love ducks, I couldn't eat one they are just too cute!

Otherwise good luck!
    I have a female Pekin who would love a boyfriend!

Sarah.

5. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

Hi chooky

Thanks for offering but it seems the transportation costs would be well over the $20 mark and I don't know how well he would go being cramped up in a crate anyway. I suppose I'm also just a little reluctant to curb his free flying wandering instinct, even if it would only be for a few hours.

And no, I can't eat ducks either due to my parents sending my pet Pekins to the freezer when I was at school (25 years later and still can't stand the thought - I think they call that childhood psychological scarring :().

Guess I'm stuck with him for a while by the looks unless anybody has any other ideas.

6. chooky

chooky Junior Member

Oh nevermind, just make sure whoever takes him, isn't going to eat him... I will eat chookies... but I couldn't bring myself to eat waterfowl... it would be like eating a critter with the same intellegence and personality as a parrot. They have plenty of other uses besides food. They make great pets if you imprint them when they hatch.

I hope he finds a good home soon :)

Sarah.

7. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Waterfowl taste alright. :? :D :wink:

8. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

:lol: :wink: theres always one smartass in every crowd :D

9. Cornonthecob

And it's usually Richard!

:razz: :lol:

10. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

Still no takers? :( Now a VERY VERY VERY URGENT giveaway!!! :cry:

11. Cornonthecob

I might know someone who would take him....I'll get back to you.

12. barely run

barely run Junior Member

How would he go as a free range duck??? if so you can release him on our large dam next to Lakeside Racetrack (Dakabin)...there are plenty wild ducks who fly in but no farmed chooks or ducks.
    Cathy

13. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

Not exactly sure how he would go without a human to feed him every day. I have had him since he was 3 days old and he follows me around like a puppy and flies over a 6 foot fence to waddle up to the dining room door when he gets hungry. He would probably love the company but I wouldn't want him to starve to death simply because he's never had to forage for food and may be too lazy to figure out what to do when he doesn't get his daily blueberry muffin treat!

14. Cornonthecob

Hey don't be saying that too loudly! Don't want mine to think he's being ripped off!

:p

15. toosusie

toosusie Junior Member

Drake

Hi Elleymay. Cornonthecob just told me about yourpredicament. I'm on the Gold Coast if you think he would travel okay to us. Think it's about a two hour trip but. Also fair to tell you I'll be moving up to Mount Perry soon so he'd have another trip ahead of him. Happy to help if you think all that would suit him. It'll all gwork out so don't panic now hun. Susie 8)

16. toosusie

toosusie Junior Member

Hey you beat me here corn.

Sure you don't want a mobile phone lol :D

17. Cornonthecob

18. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

Hi Susie

At this stage, I really can't be too picky about distance but the Gold Coast would probably be an OK trip for him to make and as for Mt Perry, well, he will just have to sleep it off and get over it. Unfortunately I can't deliver him to you due to ill health and a mechanical disaster rusting away in my garage so if you have any suggestions, go for it.

Oh and thankyou to Corn for helping me out. You deserve a blueberry muffin for effort :wink: :D

19. toosusie

toosusie Junior Member

Okay

Hi Elleymay,

That's just fine darl. We didn't mean for you to have to deliver him. Had thought afterwards my wording might have been a bit confusing. How soon do you need him to leave. I can come and pick him up okay it's just a matter of when you need him to be gone by. Just let me know and I'll try to fit it in to suit you as best I can okay. Bless you till then. Susie

20. ellymay

ellymay Junior Member

Hi Susie

You know how it goes...yesterday or any day before that would have been good :D

No, in all seriousness, anytime before the 21st November is OK as that's when I will be going away on a nice all expenses paid by Medicare holiday, whatever suits you the best really as I can't see myself going very far in the meantime :( Let me know and I will PM the address details.