Do we have stalkers in here?

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by ho-hum, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

'Cos if we dont have then why do people log on invisibly?

Nothing worse than answering a thread, which may take 30 mins, hitting the submit button and seeing you are 3 posts further down the forum and looking either uninformed or irrelevant and at worst downright iggerant.

If more users logged in visibly we would have more chance of a bit of action on Murray's wonderful chat forum.

Murray, if you read this can we have a 'sticky' that we can click that can take us straight to the chat thingy? Is this possible?

floot

2. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

There are worse things than appearing to be ignorant. Being ignorant is one. Continuing to be ignorant after having the opportunity to learn is probably worse. Drought, hurricanes, tsunamis, civil wars, etc.. Its just an internet forum, eh brah?

3. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day floot,

there seems to be some morbid fear by some that even the anonimity guarantedd by having a user name and vaguely stating where you exist is not enough. i mean part from a couple the rest wouldn't know me if they fell over me at our shopping centre.

there was one lady (found out later) who wanted help north of gympie now i figured pretty much where north of gympie but hey like i'm going go drive around trying to figure out which one is her home addy??? i didn't tell anyone else what i figured but she knew i knew so she dissappeared and to date probably hasn't got any of the help she saught.

i mean what types do they think we have hanging around in basically gardening forums??? ease up we are all friends here.

len :D

4. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Len,

I'd know you, you are a big hairy bastard!!

Actually, you are very right in all you say and it was politely what I was angling at.

I find it amazing when someone can pop in whose address is say ''South Australia'' and says, ''can anyone help me work out a permaculture vegie garden list?''.

South Australia doesnt have any ski-fields or any tropical rainforest but does have everything in between. Something like 'south-eastern slopes, 30'' summer rainfall'' would be great.

I can see many ladies rightfully being reticent about posting anything private as there are plenty of loonies out there.

Just for the record Len. I sorta live north of Gympie too uut you will need spare fuel and a cut lunch to find me... :D :D

floot

5. Douglas J.E. Barnes

Douglas J.E. Barnes Junior Member

6. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

lol floot,
    2 cut lunches and stubbies no less hey lol, you never know hey i may just walk out the public loo in gove and there you'll be hey lol

plenty ugly hairy blokes around here

len

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Call in some time I live South west of Gympie

Any time at all

Tezza

8. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Or the Lurkers could be Spies sent from Little johnnies Anti terrorism Squad

Or just ex boardies checking to see how our board is coping without their
    inate knowledge

Tezza

Yes floot i agree with the chat board idea as well

9. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

I too live "north of gympie". :D

10. Alex M

Alex M Junior Member

I think I know what you mean, Floot. I've struck the same thing; even though there's no indication there's anyone else logged on, my longer replies sometimes end up with 2 or 3 replies ahead of 'em! Spooky. 8)

11. murray

murray Junior Member

i live south of gympie.

that is all.

8)

12. christopher

christopher Junior Member

I live very far north of Gimpie....

13. living simple

living simple Junior Member

14. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Hey Living Simple,

Love the look of the place but before I move.

How far up the walls does the snow get??... HAHA.

It really does look lovely, love the look of the house with that big glassed in front area which would be wonderful in winter.

congrats

floot

15. Woody

Woody Junior Member

Oh no!!
    Now i really do feel paranoid!!
    I rarely bother to log in/on. Just look to see if there are any interesting topics, well i should say relavent to me.
    But.....
    i have another confession.....
    I have to admit that.......
    I live.....
    in......
    GYMPIE

10acres
    SW slope 5 degrees
    Northerly slope with Dexters & Damara x Dorpers
    Swimming pool overlooking the city lights
    Nice neighbours
    Convenient shops
    Local schools
    in fact we have everything anyone could ever need
    except for one thing.....

Rain

16. Mungbeans

Mungbeans Junior Member

Its been raining bucketloads here. And its all gone .. down the drain.

17. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Hiya Mung,

Nice to hear you had rain whenever I saw rain in the city I was always saddened to see it hurtling off down the drains.

I would be interested to see just how much rainwater a city catches and discharges through the stormwater system. Have you ever seen figures for Sydney?

I fancy it would be enough, if caught, to alleviate the pressure on Sydney's dam network.

It would be nice if next time there is a new industrial park or a shopping centre was built that they were required to intercept their own stormwater and use that first before relying on publicly generated tap water for their needs. Do shopping centres have to bucket water to irrigate their gardens?

floot.

18. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

I came back in full view of everyone to see how things were going here and to see if it felt safe to return. I found snideness and pettiness, and it doesn't feel very good at all.

I thank you for your welcome back in a previous thread Murray, and I will continue to visit, however I don't feel comfortable posting. Maybe because I don't know enough about Permaculture as yet to feel qualified to comment. I will continue to search the archives to learn what I can, but I decline your invitaiton to become an active member of this forum again until I am worthy.

19. kathleenmc

kathleenmc Junior Member

I am :lol: and :lol: and :lol: ......especially woody's lil bit.....I'm enjoying this site so much.

thanks everyone....and yes I do admit to an occasional lurk, mainly to quickly read what's been posted ....then if I feel like adding my two bits worth I log on.....yadda yadda....

Far south of gympie (obviously the center of the universe)

:D :D :D :D Kathleen

20. murray

murray Junior Member

hey lolly

we're all here to ask stupid questions and learn from each other. if you want to learn about permaculture, this is by far the best place in the 'net to do it. lots of PDC graduates here, alongside lots of selt-taught, super talented and kind people.

there's lots of generosity here if you give people a chance, and as far as i can see, the only person here calling you unworthy is you.

cheers

murray