happy to be here

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by naturally inspired, Apr 23, 2006.

1. naturally inspired

naturally inspired Junior Member

Hi everyone, Im new to this site, I found it today and after having a good read through yesterday and today I am amazed at how many wonderful and good opnions and advices there is. I am very glad to join in and have some interesting discussions with you all. I am very interested in permaculture and organic/natural farming and the ethos behind it all, although i haven't yet got somewhere to set up my own establishment (but there is plenty of time for that yet). I hope my time here will be very informative, already i have seen many great ideas. you guys all seem so knowledgable! I here to learn and also maybe to impart a little bit of my own knowledges.

2. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Naturally ........ welcome, welcome and welcome...

Post away, none of us are Arks of knowledge. Sometimes it takes a look from the outside.

Ask anything you may feel warrants discussion.

Cheers

Floot

3. Greenearth

Greenearth Junior Member

Hi! I just found this place also....

...remember you can plant stuff out in places that you don't have tenure of...community spaces, hedgerows etc...especially trees.

4. Gruun

Gruun Junior Member

Im pleased i found this "place" too.

hi.

5. Greenearth

Greenearth Junior Member

..I mean private tenure or even community tenure..you can

...guerilla plant. Sorry yes, hello!

6. barely run

barely run Junior Member

Hello Naturally Inspired,
    Is there a community garden in Albury?? A farmers market or organic food shop may know if there is one. Landcare is another group that works with volunteers and there are some conservation groups as well.
    Check out WWOFFER'S (Willing Workers on Organic Farms) not that you would probably be looking for work but if there are WWOOF host in your area that might be a good contact point. Can get all these just by GOOGLE search but there will be some organised person here who'll have the exact web addy...lol
    Join in the discussions anytime not all of us are experts or even very sucessful growers but we are all enthusiastic.
    Cheers
    Cathy

7. naturally inspired

naturally inspired Junior Member

Thanks for your suggestions Cathy! I hadnt thought about looking up WWOOFers in the area. the is actually a permaculture project going on in albury at the moment and my housemate is slowly beginning a community garden near us. Not sure how the project is progressing, perhaps i will email the guys that live in the house and find out.