permaculture group - nth gold coast qld

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by johnw, May 11, 2004.

1. johnw

johnw Junior Member

Hi all, I've been looking 4 a permaculture group on the Gold Coast in QLD, do any exist????!!!!! I'm also interested in Bushfoods and Rainforest Regeneration etc.
    Cheers 2 u fellow planting friends

2. darrenhatina

darrenhatina Junior Member

Hey,

I've been living on the Gold Coast up in Labrador for the last three years and haven't heard of one. That's not to say that it doesn't exist or that there aren't plenty who wish there was. Maybe It's time to start one up?

There's an environmental group called GECKO (https://www.gecko.org.au) who might know. They've organised a World Environment Day at Winders Park, Duringan St., Currumbin, 10am-4pm on June 6th. That might be a good place to network and ask some questions. I'm planning on going. Meet you there?

There is a proposed development in Currumbin that is trying to incorporate permaculture. I think they're called Land Matters.

There are some community gardens about but they are very small scale and seniors oriented. I read recently that they are starting something bigger next to a commercial nursery but can't remember exactly where. Starts with a "C" though.

I recall an add I saw in the EarthGarden mag of someone living in Runaway Bay looking for volunteers to start an eco-village or something but can't recall the details. Maybe that was you?

Regardless I'd love to get together and have a permie chat!
    Best regards,
    Darren

3. Guest

Hi guys

We would also be interested in meeting to have a "permie chat". We are in Tallai on an acre and are just in the process of starting the landscaping and gardens.

I rang the guy from the Earth Garden article and had an interesting chat.

M

4. darrenhatina

darrenhatina Junior Member

Okay, there's some interest. I guess it's a matter of making a date to meet. We could try to arrange a meeting at the Gecko Earth Day event in Currumbin on June 6th. If someone is interested or has any other ideas for a gathering, e-mail me at darrenhatina at hotmail dot com. I'll call the organisers and establish a time and a landmark then post it to the site if I get any interest.

Permies Unite!
    Darren