boosting forum users?

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Alexis Anderson, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Alexis Anderson

Alexis Anderson Junior Member

Hi,

A couple of posts have mentioned a desire to get more people using this list, so that the ideas and discussion can flow more and become a blooming flower of inspiration and advice.

Is it possible for other permaculture (and non- PC specific sites) to link directly to the discussion forum, eg through their homepage? I imagine that many PC sites will have a link to the permaculture.org website, but that still means that someone has to click on the link in the links page, and descriptions of sites are often lacking on links pages. If people are directed to the forum - eg in the same way it is on the home page of permaculture.org - it may generate more forum users?

Something that has already been thought about, and probably tried...i know how hard it is to get web people to put something about someone else's site on their page!

Currently helping create what is probably the largest sheet mulch in Denmark for a 400 sq metre potato patch!

l8r

Alextacy

2. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Hi Alexis,

I didn't really understand a lot of what you wrote, not being that fluent in computer language but if it would broaden our permaculture knowledge base and feedback sources, that would be great.

Let's hope it works!

Tam :;):

3. Gardening Rob

Gardening Rob Junior Member

The most likely people who would be interested in this forum would be other gardening forums such as the
    https://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/

On the US part of the gardenweb forums I think they have a forum for permaculture forum.

Rob

4. Mont

Mont Junior Member

I've sent Alexis's post to Cameron Little for him to consider. He coordinates another good permaculture forum, that of the Eco-living Centre at Randwick in Sydney.

5. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Im sure we all know somebody with internet that is a Permie
    Well just send them a link simple
    I know and have sent 4 off to freinds

Tezza :cool:

6. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

PS
    Just looking at the subjects i notice lots are reading but not so many replys maybe those who do reply are very good at answering the said topics

Tezza :cool:

7. Kasey

Kasey New Member

Having recently been pointed towards this forum I've been reading the topics with much interest.

To try to help you boost members and participants I've added a story and a weblink from our community site (we're in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria) so that hopefully some of our members will wander over and join in.

Our site is at:

Solstice Web Site

Love the forums and I'm really enjoying the ongoing discussions.

8. Guest

If I understand your question correctly what you would like is a link directly to the forum. If you are not into HTML code then please read no further....

If you want a link like this Forums

Then pop this into your web page

9. Alexis Anderson

Alexis Anderson Junior Member

Thanx angus,

that was eggsactly what we need!!

Maybe the webmaster can put up a link download at the top of the forum homepage...

eg "If you want to link this forum to your website..." and have the "how to do" information (save target as, etc).

A

10. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day,

i go with tezza a bit on this one, i am realitvely new to this group, so i had a look at the members list the other day for a sticky-beak to see who i may know (there are some), but if i can add up right there are around 300 members and when i saw this i thought if we could get those who haven't posted to post then maybe things will fire up?

surely someone has an experience a story a hint just drop in a post. i also subsribe to news group on the usenet and up until a couple of years ago this was a fairly vibrant list good chat back and forth now but! for the news group name it is amost defunct one news group (i think) went under early in the piece. also there is a permaculture group in the forum but it too is very light on for chat. dunno maybe we are spreading pc too thin? might be time to consider consolidating or something like that?? just thinking out aloud.

len :(

11. Mont

Mont Junior Member

A lot of our best and most informative discussions start with new people asking what they usually apologise for as a 'dumb question'. I'd like to encourage all those who have so far just read the posts to ask your own dumb question and help us all to learn something. We're very forgiving!

12. Sunflower

Sunflower New Member

Hello!

Today i discovered this forum, while i was searching the web to find out something about worlds permaculture congress 2004 and i just want to get in touch with some of you interesting people :) My english is quite bad but i hope you can all understand me! I am from Slovenia, Europe. I heard for permaculture about two years ago. I am 21 years old and we moved from the city and are now trying to establish a permaculture "farm". As we all know every new begining is difficult and results takes time , but it would feel great to talk to same minded people from time to time. Unfortunately we seem to live in a material, industrial world and even worse! society, so it is not unussual to feel a bit powerless every now and then. But we are trying and doing are best!!!!

My best regards and lots of sunshine from our little green paradise :)

13. Mont

Mont Junior Member

Hello Sunflower. Your English is better than some Australians I know, not bad at all.
    If you look at the previous post called 'Permaculture in Mozambique' there's a post from Jana, also from Slovenia. Might be a local contact for you, besides forums like these.