Hello to ALL my freinds old and new.

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Tezza, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Greatings Everybody Especially to Tam and Chris, for encouraging me to keep posting.......

First of all.Id like to explain why/where i been for last 10 days..

Well you could say that id thrown in my permie towel in here, as id got bored,fed up, angry, dissalusioned,etc etc etc...First off i was away for few days in perth family buisness..then when i got back last monday,i opened up the BB to catch up with everyone like per normal....This time i felt different, as i felt like an outsider......People were swearing, arguing telling to drop dead etc etc
    I thought id opened up the wrong board..lol.I got depressed with what i was reading,i got angry at what i was reading,i got sad at what i was reading.
    I was getting depressed reading the board......Ijust wasnt interested anymore.I was still a permie and will never give it away,but this permie board wasnt what i wanted,it seamed to taken over by aliens,

I was tempted to interject on lotsa posts to plead for sanity,or to tell people what i really thought about them.i was prepared to just forget it and go elsewhere,was even tempted to throw the computer away....

id pop in once a day instead of my normal 30 times.to check on everyone here,and got more upset as i read more posts. Some posts were very interesting and Informative. and the rest,.....well ill let u decide how we all felt.as one after another my freinds have been leaving.

Ive spent all day wanting to post in responce to Tam and chris's post and pvt respetcively...thankyou tam for your enquiry about my absence. and to you too chris for your enquirees.....here i am lolol...

What is happening to this great BB.Its gone from boring to brilliant in 5 months ,then brilliant to absolute crap allmost in les then a month.....

Why/what has happened,even the more placid people in here,Like my mate joel,have had to defend themselves in the face of critsism...
    Ive read where people were told to drop dead even.....

To think.. i felt badly when i was having my bad hair days......AND hope that those people who may of felt insulted by my "words" will now see me for what i said i was.. instead, of as, some where saying i was...

This is by no means an attack on anyone who i may of personally fell out with as it is not that......ok...

I could type all afternoon if i wanted to going through all or most scenarious,but I want to be Possitive to you my freinds not a condesnding sort of type like some posters have become....I can behave this way if wanted ,but i beleive im above this nonsence......

This board has completly changed in my mind from as little as 4 months,ago. even more in the last month...This board was a showcase for the world.... It was a shining light for those in the darkness, it was a way forwards for new, and old hands alike, to learn more about Permaculture.
    I know i may not be perfect and i accept the blame for some of this shit.
    But im not taking it all....I been comming to this board for allmost 2 years My number is 85 out of a population of over 900.By that i think,like most that this board is allmost mine (mind only).There is no one before my number who still visits in here so being the guy i am i felt i should try to keep it going,by asking and answering peoples questions,and giving my version of what/how i think a problem can be solved..
    What upset me was the fact that others just like me who had been around doing all the permie learning off our own backs without BB or courses,or detailed answers to hard questions..where In our Own Time sitting here thinking and trying to answer peoples little/and big questions.

Then wondering wheather it was worth the effort to type single digitly an answer that could take an hour to answer and type out was being ignored by some ungratefull..I was sick of people arguing on the subject matter of the board,who had only just joining the BB..HOW dare some people...
    I beleive in free speach,but heck,you dont just waltz into somewhere and start dictating what/which/where/why/whatever that goes on on this BB..
    Unless of course you want a pvt message of me explaining this too you..
    (i think you know who i mean)...
    This is a PERMACULTURE BB board not an open slather chat room...
    The average Permie comes here cause he dont wanna hear/read about certain proceedures,pushed by certain groups..All thogh this board/Permaculture is a open board.it doesnt give people the right to come in here crapping on about something that no one really wants to talk about,,,so why do people persist in crapping on even after told/asked to stop..I say if you wanna talk herbicides,insectisides in Possitive terms you go elsewhere,where others may like talking about such subjects..If you dont like the flack from Permies about your choice of subject......Id have to wonder about a persons credability,and brain power if they stillwant to argue about it still.....Ok we all got a bit of shit stirrer in us but comone.
    Dont stamp your feet and threaten to take your ball home.Thats what kids do.....Sounds like you need a good bottom smacking.....

Being A bit of a Dummie I hate clever people who use big words or clever wording to get around their insecurities.If ya cant speak plain English go find a university BB and argue there.....
    Talking in fancy large lettered words dont give you credability in my book
    talking sence and being human enough to have empathy with others is what i/we want ..not essays that only english proffesors understand....
    Or is this part of the Im smarter then you Syndrome.Or my dicks bigger then yours syndrome.....

As the Longest serving reguler poster....Im pleading with you all to stop this childish behavior and lets talk Permaculture......
    Lets all get back together as a happy extended Permaculture Family instead of all this crap ,fighting,name calling insulting behavior...OK

If you Dont Ill be sending some pvt messages out to you........

Have a nice day.........

Ps hello Francyne........would u like a slice of nice blackberry pie?

Tezza..

2. redorangenbrown

redorangenbrown Junior Member

Tezza
    You my man are a legend. Thanks for this intelligent summary of the current state of play.
    I have been dipping my toes in this forum for some time now. Just when I was about to make the plunge and bare a bit more of myself things got a bit cold and I retreated. After some thoughts I realised that this forum depicts humanity. People offer advce etc in a giving fashion but then other elements come into play. Gossip, clickiness, egos, quick defences and all those other gloriously human traits pop up every now and then. One could almost whack a formula on the thing. Ratio of perhaps four to one or so of good giving stuff to more base human foible-y stuff.
    I think we should embrace the human elements here and factor them into our permaculture designs and perceptions. We need to recognise that the human factor, however strange and at times disappointing, needs to be accomodated. As this forum illustrates, building communities is not as easy as swapping a lettuce for a rotary hoe with a neighbour. It is hard work but the most important work. Relationships are the key to successful permaculture. You can do swales and guilds and banana circles and solar powered thingamies and cover crops and all the rest forever, but none of it is worth sqwat diddley without the capacity to productively link up with other people.
    Cmon now.
    Let's all link pinkies.
    Sean

3. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Welcome back Tezza... :D

How's the garden etc going?

4. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Hello Starfish,

Good to see you back here..

Cheers

Floot

5. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

It's always nice to see you here, Tezza.

I wonder if we all start feeling comfortable with each other to the point that we start treating each other like family: nasty spats, backbiting, short tempers, etc?

The web is a very anonymous place. No one knows where you are, so no one can come to your house and apply a piece of pipe to the side of your head. That makes it very easy to get sloppy and sharp with what you say. Too easy.

And then there are web trolls who get involved. They aren't here to get information or to give it. They're just hanging around to irritate people. It's a manipulative technique that I've seen on other boards. That's where the beauty of the IGNORE button comes in. Since I hit it for the person that irritates me most, my blood pressure has dropped beautifully!

Sue

6. biofarmag

biofarmag Junior Member

Yes, it's nice to see you back, Tezza. I remember you were very supportive of me, and sent me encouraging PM's when I was originally being ganged-up-on, which I appreciated. Sue's right. I do the same thing when someone's being needlessly aggressive. Use the IGNORE, and then simply get on with it.

7. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

I'd love a slice of nice blackberry pie Tezza. Blackberry pie sounds like the perfect breakfast. Did you make it yourself? Or has your good wife been baking?

Thank you for filling us in on how you are doing and what you are thinking, I am one of the ones that have slowly withdrawn from this forum because of the atmosphere you so perfectly described. Every now and again I start to respond to a thread and then just stop and think to myself that I don't want to/it's not worth it to get involved...but, Tezza everything goes in cycles - at the moment this forum may be on a low point but it will come around again to being something that all of us and Murray can be super proud of, something that can be a shining light for those in the darkness.

Take care Tezza.

Warm regards,
    Fran.

8. Guest

Hi Tez,
    It is always good to hear your positive heart-felt thoughts and I have never felt otherwise about your communications. I'm glad you are back. I have missed your practical advice.

Stick around Tezza - there are lots of good people and new friends to be made every day. And I really appreciate how long that post would have taken to write. Thankyou for caring enough to do it.

9. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Hey Tezza..... :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Tezza old son, welcome back, been away a bit myself...

How's this... Been in the new house one night, and Sam has already had to call the police due to some extreme violence across the road from us...
    Not a great start to the new neighbourhood.. Problem, I bet they will know who called the police,,, as there is only about 40people in the town,, and we are the new cats on the block... Lucky for me I have just bought all new bolt locks for all the windows and dorrs,,,,

WHY MUST I HAVE TO DO THIS IN A lITTLE COUNTRY TOWN ????????????
    I felt a lttle safer in Sydney...... At least there no one knows you......

11. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy Junior Member

Tezza

Dude - you've been a member for nearly 3 years, not nearly 2.

Can't agree more with your sentiments. I've been a member for 2 1/4 years and don't much like the stuff that's going on these days.

Let's hope for improvement - I think Murray has started cracking the whip, so maybe that will help - otherwise I can see a mass exodus of the real posters.

12. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Well thanks for your kind wishes..Thankyou everyone for taking the time....

Its allmost another new Year...Lets keep this,OUR board going,lets not surrender ourselves,to our own pregudicious leanings..

Lets keep up the Permie Doctrine....
    Lets show the world we can get along with each other......

Lets be more open minded,and more open hearted to our fellow earthlings

Tezza

13. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Re: Hello to ALL my freinds old and new.

I saw your post Floot...

was you talking about all those posts lolol :D :D :D

Tezza

14. DJ-Studd

DJ-Studd Junior Member

Hey Tezza,
    I think that it is the whole winter thing that makes people depressed and slightly narky :lol:

15. barely run

barely run Junior Member

I think I must has missed most of the stuff that upset Tezza. i loved the ongoing debates from a few years back with Tezza, chris, floot, baldcat and frosty. i have been an infrequent poster in recent times due to travel, work and no growing but now I'm back into growing stuff I'll be here a lot. There is a bit of a different feel about the board now but change is to be expected. If anyone remembers the great debates from 2 yrs ago on how to set up a permaculture based caravan park ... well now I'm doing just that...hopefully it will be a sucess.
    Cheers
    Cathy :ANAL:

16. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hi cathy Im looking thru your caravanpark/eco village 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It looks very well planned and organised...If im ever around your way again ill be sure to pop in..

Even Permies need a holiday too sometimes///

Tezza

17. Lan Zeird

Lan Zeird New Member

hello everyone i am new here and i'm hoping that you will welcome me

18. barely run

barely run Junior Member

hey Tezza......is the above post aimed at you???? :lol: ... check the bottom of the post :rolleyes:
    Cheers
    Cathy