Up & Running

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Cornonthecob, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Late on the scene as per usual :lol:

Congratulations Cobber!

It sounds like you have squashed a lot into your two days and that you have found your selves a lovely place to nest.

Your post did make me laugh - I have been moving a number of boxes unopened from house to house for the past four or five moves!

:lol:
    Fran.

2. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

Onya Corny!

3. Jez

Jez Junior Member

I thought of you when I read they were naturalised on the Hawaiian islands Richard...I wondered if they were everywhere because from what I know they're very hardy... :lol:

You don't sound that enthusiastic about the taste...do the chooks love 'em? I've never tasted one...mine is a long way from fruiting yet...just a baby.

I'll be in touch over the next couple of days mate...sorry it's been so long, but it's hard getting time for a decent chat about things at the moment.

4. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Oh, the taste is okay, you know. I am very glad that they exist. On the mango scale however, they rate poorly, probably down there at about 5 out of 10.
    It is hard to eat a lot of them out of hand, and you get a big glut of them all at once... Jams and leathers, pies, crumbles and cobblers would all be good though. We had them in a cobbler, and that made me think that they are more like a peach than an apple. Still a useless comparison, but for a few days there at the kitchen table I waxing off about the new Peach of the tropics etc...
    Hey, no worries about taking your time getting back to us... You can't rush somethings eh?

5. Anissa

Anissa Junior Member

Sounds like your having fun!!! Sunburnt yet??? :lol:

6. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Up and Running

I read your post and felt
    a) gob-smacked
    b) inspired
    c) useless and lazy
    d)gob-smacked

all at once. You did all of THAT in a few days IMMEDIATELY after moving???
    Good god man!.
    You're a legend!