Holistic Treatment For People, Animals, Plants and Soil

Discussion in 'Environmental and Health Professionals Interested' started by Madeleine Innocent, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Madeleine Innocent

Madeleine Innocent New Member

Climate:
    Perth, Western Australia
    Although I am new to the ways of permaculture, I have always had the mentality of ‘do no harm’, to the Earth, to animals, to other people. So my gardens were always organic, but not nearly wild enough, as I am learning.

I have always loved recycling, not just for the money saved, more for the health of the planet. While most women love the idea of shopping for clothes, I love exploring salvage yards and secondhand shops. Other people’s junk can be inspirational. My latest salvage yard prizes have contributed to a filtration grey water system that combines a clean source of water for the garden, an extra duck pond and a permanent source of water for the local wildlife.

After 20 years in business, also in the recycling trade, I wanted something more. Something that contributed to the greater good. I had recently discovered how amazingly helpful homeopathy was after it had completely cured a long lasting skin problem in one of my cats. The veterinary drugs did help, but also turned a normally calm and placid cat into an angry one.

I didn’t know then what I now know, that no drug cures; they only suppress symptoms. And all come with side effects, many serious. It’s not uncommon for drugs to cause more problems than the original ailment. Iatrogenesis (a condition caused by prescription drugs) is the third leading cause of death in America, perhaps the world.

A opportunity came to study homeopathy. As I got deeper into the study, I became more and more enthralled. The insights into health and disease were profound. It felt that this was my calling.

I have now been in full time practice since the year 2000. With a keen love for animals, my practice also includes treating animals. That inevitably brought me to their diet. I learned how damaging commercial pet food really is. I learned what the dietary needs of cats, dogs and horses are and how this can completely turn their health around. This spurred me on to learn about the best diet for humans.

A healthy, natural way of life coupled with a healthy species-specific diet are nothing new to permaculterists. Many find their own health improves dramatically after a shift away from a stressful, corporate way of life to one with a high involvement in nature; from a diet high in fast or processed food eaten on the run, to one of home-grown fruit and veggies, grown with love and eaten at leisure.

While most of the problems with humanity today can be laid fairly and squarely on our deviation from nature, especially on our one tracked mind for money and control, not all can. At least not in a single life time, although perhaps collectively.

We can have residual effects from past traumas, be they physical or psychological. Never underestimate the damage from intense fear. Soldiers involved in active service can suffer badly from this. So do abused children. PTSD is chronically debilitating. The family also suffer.

Arthritis is common in a previously injured joint.

We also inherit familial tendencies. Past unhealed traumas are passed down through generations.

This is where homeopathy comes in. Homeopathy is an energy based medicine. In other words, it cures by treating the cause of the problem, not by masking the symptoms.

Medicine tends to treat us therapeutically. Not unlike a mechanic mending a car. But we are dynamic beings. We are energy beings. We are not inanimate, as a car is. The difference between a living body and a freshly deceased body is energy. So it makes sense that we need to be helped with an energy based medicine.

So let’s look at some examples, to show you what I mean.

A bikie came for help with his arthritis. 20 years before he had suffered badly in a bike accident. He had sustained multiple breaks (17 in all) and had spent nearly a year in hospital. Since then, he had not been able to fully stretch an arm and was suffering with aches and stiffness in various joints.

Even though this cause was many years old, I focused on healing this. Healing old injuries is different from recent ones, and it takes longer. But the outcome is just as favourable. Within a few months, he had full use of his arm and the aches and stiffness in other joints had disappeared.

When an injury to a joint is helped homeopathically, arthritis won’t develop later in life as the healing was complete.

A four year old was presented with asthma. She HATED her medication and had to be held down by four adults to take it. I find this so sad. Adults don’t know everything by a long shot. Children’s instincts need to be honoured and respected. Lack of respect is so rife in our society and is so damaging, particularly to children.

I worked out her treatment. I suggested that the bottle should be placed on a low table where she could see it. When she was ready, she would ask for it. I certainly wasn’t going to be part of forcing her.

As expected, it took her a couple of hours, but finally she took the bottle to her mother. She willingly accepted the remedy. Thereafter, she was the one who indicated when another dose was needed. Her asthma completely cleared in a few months.

A young dog was brought to me with a rare disease. The vets said the only hope for her was an expensive drug for life. This was out of the question financially. I treated the dog based on her personality (what we call constitutional prescribing), which was very clear. The dog loved her remedy. She would race in from the far side of the garden to have it. She fully recovered and lived to a ripe old age with no other illness or treatment.

A few years ago, I discovered that you could also use homeopathic remedies in the garden for pests as well as for plant sickness. Even in the best permaculture design, we can be growing unsuitable plants for the location, causing stress.

So I started to experiment.

I had a native tree that was dying from an insect infestation. There were large insect holes around the trunk indicating the invasion. I didn’t need to know what the insect was. I made up the remedy and, using a small syringe (without a needle), squirted it into all the holes I could see.

Within a couple of weeks, I could see new signs of growth. The tree is still alive and strong, a few years later.

I had an invasion of caterpillars that were eating my greens. Not wanting to kill them, I looked for homeopathic ways to deter them. And found one. I made up the solution and watered the plants with it. The caterpillars were still around, but they left the greens alone.

Homeopathic solutions are quite harmless and inert to anything that does not resonate with them, so are safe to use anywhere, including around small children or pets.

I didn’t have the same success with slugs and snails. But by then, I had an invasion. As it was time to balance my ecosystem anyway, ducks were brought in who did an admirable job, with lovely fertiliser to boot as well as eggs and endless entertainment. So I didn’t pursue that line.

It is possible to use homeopathic remedies in two ways. For deep healing of chronic or inherited problems, it is best to work with a professional homeopath. But once you have some experience, you can learn how to use the common remedies for acute conditions as well as for animal and garden use.

Homeopathy is safe, free from side effects, holistic, effective, incredibly cost effective and very empowering. No wonder the drug companies are doing all they can to direct people away from it.

mischief likes this.
  2. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    I can't believe I have not read this post before, it is very much in the same line as much of my research both in soil and in the human body.
    My experiences have led me down the herablistic path and I have even reduced the arterial plaque that became an issue for me several years ago by using whole berries and two different herbal decoctions on a daily basis. Where I previously could not walk more than 200 feet with out having to stop due to lack of blood flow, I can now walk an entire Walmart store without needing to stop and wait for blood flow to catch up in my right leg. Inclines are still an issue but I can go further than two years ago. Currently I am looking for a way to strip the ability to hide chemically from cancer cells since all of them can mask their true nature to our killer cells, If I can find how to strip that ability from them our own bodies will be able to cure any cancers we might contract.

Soil is easy to build up by getting the microbiome organisms into high numbers, this allows us to use less water because the soil will hold infiltrated water longer and that allows the fungi, bacterium, flagellates, beneficial nematodes and other organisms the chance to provide nutrients usually not available to our plants. This means our plants can provide us with the nutrition the fruits and vegetables are supposed to have, thus making our bodies stronger and more resistant to diseases.

songbird, mischief and 9anda1f like this.
  3. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    I have been reading "The Hidden Half of Nature" by David R. Montgomery and Anne Bikle which details the importance of soil life to plants and also the effects of vegetables grown in living soils on our own gut biomes, especially in the face of antibiotic overuse. Very enlightening.

songbird likes this.
  4. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    .....same!!!
    Where was I went she wrote this.
    I missed it and what more, its like a whole new perspective just opened up!

5. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    i've read a book by a Montgomery called _dirt_ which was a good read. i'll be glad to read another by him. :)

6. johnw7000

johnw7000 Junior Member

Climate:
    Somewhere on this vast continent
    What great post Madelene, very interesting.

I've been making my own Microbial mixture for my garden for about 5 years now plus Worm juice from my 3 layer tub farms and composted chicken manure from my chickens with no fertilizer at all with quite good results. I layer my gardens rather than dig with my compost, comfery and other plant materials as well.

I found your views very enlightening. I am looking into plant based medicine of the Psycoactive type as per Jeremy Narby (his book " The Cosmic Serpent" is a good read) and Rachel Harris (her book "Listening to Ayahaysca" is also very interesting).

In saying this, I am not into taking any type of drug not even Alcohol so I certainly don't want to advocate any mindless substance use whatsoever without indepth research.

Have you looked into the healing effects of Ayahausca, Huachuma and Psilocybin etc?

Your use of a homeopathic solution for caterpillars is of interest to me. I think its great that you are pro active in your involvement ......... very refreshing to hear.

My experience and experiments are leading to me to shaping my garden with plants that suit my area and with plenty of options for uses thoughtout the seasons so that I am in the flow rather than "fighting". I am learning to drop expectation and enjoy the revelations that present themselves.
    I now look at the situation and the options that present themselves rather than trying to 'bend' everything to my desires only if that makes sense.