Buying land in Tara

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Jakey113, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jakey113

Jakey113 New Member

Climate:
    Gold coast
    Hi my wife and i are looking at buying land out bush just to take the family camping. We have noticed that Tara Queensland has 30acres for cheap. Obviously cheap for a reason. Buy we are wanting to know if its worth the investment. The land will only be used for camping a few times a year and maybe build a cabin. Wanting to know the pros and cons. Thanks

2. cnyra

cnyra New Member

Climate:
    dry
    I don't know the land up there but I'm also interested in what it is like around Tara to live and grow gardens etc?

3. Caribean

Caribean New Member

Medical Herbalist/Natural Beekeeper/Psychologist
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Zone 11A, Arid, Subtropical, 7-42C, Mediterranean
    I wrote a text about me and my land for the Introduction, but trying 2 days to send it to the administrators does not seem to have any effect. Or is it that when I push the button (Create) down below my text, that I can not see that 'something' is happening? Maybe I just have to wait 5 days to see the text being published? (Sorry, this is the only place to maybe get an answer.)

4. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Caribean, Sorry for the delay, I had a couple of emergent issues come up at home.
    I'm not quite sure what's happening with your text. I've looked but cannot find your post in the queue. Pressing the "Create Thread" button should post your text to the queue, and after three posts will post it directly to the forums (this is an anti-spam process).
    Can you try again? I'll be watching for it.
    Thanks for your patience.

5. Caribean

Caribean New Member

Medical Herbalist/Natural Beekeeper/Psychologist
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Zone 11A, Arid, Subtropical, 7-42C, Mediterranean
    Hello Bill, I tried again, which also did not work, so I have send the whole text to your gmail: Crete, dry subtropical 10b, in the Mediterranean. I hope you can publish my 'Introduction' for me. The strange thing is that when I push the button 'Create Thread', i every timeget to see the following : This PC -- Documents -- E-books. So it is not possible for me to send it over the internet.

6. johnw7000

johnw7000 Junior Member

Climate:
    Somewhere on this vast continent
    Hi Jakey113,
    I live on Tamborine Mountain and had friends living on 30 arces just oursude Tara. They moved there around 8 years ago and in that time fracking well have spread all through that area and surrounding ones. There's a major concern of water an soil contamination now as well.
    I haven't heard from him for about 2 years so I don't even know if he's still there.

Here's a link to something online concerning this issue:
    https://www.lockthegate.org.au/tara/

Around Warwick may be a better options or near Killarney as ell. There's a community out near there another friend stayed at for 2 days and said it was really beautiful. They do have a website but I've forgot the name of the property and can't seem to find it on Google.

All the best in your land search.

Cheers,
    John