Paid Opportunity to Establish Permaculture Site

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by DP422, Dec 2, 2016.

1. DP422

DP422 New Member

Climate:
    SoCal
    Hello. I'm doing some due diligence on a property I'm looking at buying. This is a large property located in the Eastern U.S. and includes forested areas, a spring and seasonal creek, as well as some income producing property. I'm looking at the property for both the investment opportunity and also as an opportunity to establish a permaculture farm that will benefit both the current residents as well as future residents.

I'm posting on here to see if something along the lines described below would be of interest to an individual, couple or family, and am seeking feedback while I evaluate this property.

The short version of my vision is to both maintain and grow the existing income producing property and also establish a bona fide permaculture farm. I do not personally have any intention to live on the property, but want to create something for others. My idea is to hire someone who could both manage the existing property and begin transforming the property. The ideal candidate would be well experienced in general property maintenance (related to multifamily properties) and construction as well as general property management and administration. This individual (or family, etc) would also ideally have some permaculture experience. In exchange my thought is that I would provide free housing or potentially free land and potentially a market based salary. Additionally, I would provide investment capital to help establish the site.

Again, these are just ideas and I'm trying to gauge if there might be interest in the community in an opportunity such as this as I continue to explore the purchase of this particular property.

Thanks - Dave

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hello Dave and welcome,
    I think there is a great potential for the opportunity you present as many folks are unable to purchase their own land in the current economic climate. You might use the Permaculture Global database to identify Permaculture groups local to your property (for instance Fingerlakes Permaculture in upstate NY) that would have motivated members right in the area. Good luck!

3. brian328

brian328 New Member

Climate:
    tropical
  4. Jareth Zelmer

Jareth Zelmer New Member

Sou chef
    Climate:
    Alpine
    Hello I don't know if your looking for people to work on the land. Or what kinds of internship/ work trade programs you looking to set up. But I am heavily interested in find a place to practice and learn about permaculture. I hope I can be of some use to you and your cause. You can email me anytime at: Zelmej990 @ gmail.com

5. Earths Tongue

Earths Tongue New Member

Climate:
    mushroom
    I am interested to learn more on the same, i think it would be good practical experience to enhance my skill over there!

6. Danita

Danita New Member

Climate:
    Sub tropical
    Hello, my name is Danita. I am not sure if you have found who your looking for, but even if you have I would like to partner with you. You have what I need, someone with vision.