Hello from Singapore

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by yeh123, Jul 20, 2016.

1. yeh123

yeh123 New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    I am Greg, a 19 year old boy from urban Singapore. I came across permaculture earlier this year in April, and I have been hooked to the concept ever since. I was doing research, as a volunteer, on gardening for a project at a place with a garden and wanted to apply permaculture to it. Unfortunately, the management decided recently to pay a contractor for 'conventional' gardening and thus I can no longer work on establishing a permaculture system on a larger scale. Right now, all I've got is a small balcony and a few bright windows, but I'm excited to take on the challenge of implementing permaculture to my home. I look forward to sharing experiences and information with this forum.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Greetings Greg and welcome,
    Sorry to hear about the "miss" with management decision at your volunteer place. Keep at it, I'm sure there are many more opportunities in Singapore. Have you looked at the PRI Global website to find other Permaculturists in your area? Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.

3. yeh123

yeh123 New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    Permaculture is not really 'hot' in Singapore, since we have very little land space. I would like to try permaculture techniques in a small high rise building's balcony. I will be asking many questions regarding this and hope to learn plenty from these forums. I would also love to share my experiences and offer suggestions and advice (I'm quite inexperienced!) if possible!

4. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    balcony growing can be good. :) make sure your building will support the
    added weight...

5. yeh123

yeh123 New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    Yup, I'll be sure to do that with light potting mixes and plastic pots. Thanks!