Australian Lowline Steers, Bulls and Heifer's for Swap - Warwick Qld

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by 4G's, Apr 21, 2016.

1. 4G's

4G's Junior Member

Our Bull is in need of more heifers so we are seeking like minded people with naturally/organically reared heifers, interested in a swap for any of the below cattle.

Located in the north of the Southern Downs QLD (near Allora 4362), we are in a tick free area and follow Pat Coleby's regime of natural supplements for herd health (e.g. apple cider vinegar, cod liver oil, and sulphur/copper sulphate/dolomite/Tasmanian bull kelp/etc based licks) and use natural alternatives to treat pests like buffalo flies (e.g. Organic Cattle Coat Back Rubs and Mechanical Buffalo Fly Traps). We even hoe/pull our own weeds (e.g. Scotch Thistle and Balloon Vine). So although not organically accredited, we have 100% pesticide/herbicide free land/cattle.

We are also fully compliant with the livestock regulatory framework having a Property Identification Code (PIC) and all cattle ear tagged and registered under the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS).

We are interested in swaps for heifers (up to 3 years old) from any of the "small" Bos taurus British cattle breeds such as; Australian Lowline, Redline, Dexter, Miniature Herefords, Galloway, etc...

So if you have similarly natural and healthy cattle we'd love to hear from you!

Our Breeders:
    Bull - Purebred Lowline sired via A.I. from a 1970 Sydney Show Champion
    Cows - Amberfield Purebred Lowline & Amberfield 3/4 Lowline 1/4 Murray Grey

Our Cattle available for trade:
    1 X Purebred Lowline Steer - 1.5 y/o
    1 X 7/8 Lowline 1/8 Murray Grey Steer - 1.5 y/o
    1 X Purebred Lowline Heifer - 6 m/o
    1 X Purebred Lowline Bull - 5 m/o (can castrate if preferred)
    1 X 7/8 Lowline 1/8 Murray Grey Bull - 6 m/o (can castrate if preferred)

The Australian Lowline are a short, black, naturally polled breed of cattle that have a great temprement and are easy to handle. Ours especially so, being a small and regularly handled herd.

2. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

Evry now and again we get a sport!! Minature red poll!!!
    Ill let u know!! I sold a cow to someone in Glen Innes awhile back she succesfully bred it with a normal Angus!!
    The rest of our cattle are moderate frame! what u are doing seems good!!!

U should come and get some plants!!
    Have u found the cork oaks at Allora yet??? I could use the acorns!!

3. 4G's

4G's Junior Member

Hello Andrew,
    Fantastic to hear from you.
    Actually, I am stopping by Allora on Friday and I will have a look for you.
    I Found some dexters that will hopefully keep my bull out of trouble. Unsure of what requirements there are of bringing stock over state lines.

Still not ready for the plants. I am still planning - not to mention working which is taking up a considerable amount of my time. But don't worry, I will come down and visit. I am hoping to start hand digging some small Swales in the next few months, to plant some fruit trees. Once I get them in, I should be in a better position where my gardens etc is going to be. Not to mention actually start building a garden.

I will let you know how I go in Allora. Talk soon.