Zoning issues in Victoria - AUS

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by KVee, Apr 28, 2016.

1. KVee

KVee New Member

Climate:
    Melbourne Climate
    Hi all,

New to this site. I’m starting my search for a small acreage to build and setup my own permaculture farm within two hours of Melbourne (if possible).

So far it seems all properties are FZ, farming zone, has anyone been successful in applying for a building permit?

I also have concerns about living in a FZ with regards to pesticides and crop spraying from above – anyone had any issues or experience with this? In my Dad’s rural town many people are dying at a young age (50-60) from cancers caused from pesticides….. not an ideal thing to be around…..

Kvee

2. dynnyrne

dynnyrne New Member

Climate:
    Warm and Temperate
    I don't have any real info to help you as I'm new to all this too... but I heard Castlemaine were banning Roundup or something like that and that the area has quite a few permaculture folk. Could be worth looking into.

3. permiewannabe

permiewannabe New Member

Health
    Climate:
    Temperate
    Hi Kvee,

I am also interested in small acreage within a couple hours of Melbourne. How is your research going? Any promising locations scouted?