Hi, Jody from S.E. Queensland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Jody Wall, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jody Wall

Jody Wall New Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi everyone

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Jody,
    What's cooking in SE Queensland?

3. Jody Wall

Jody Wall New Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hey there. What's doing? Well, I received about 150 tonnes of top soil yesterday, so I need to keep spreading that out over my raised beds.
    I have six semis from an old water tank that I need to move into place, then fill, and mulch, and probably plant into.
    I clipped a post at the entrance to my chook pen a few weeks ago, that's still on the list of things to repair. It's upright, but very wobbly. Lol.
    My dams are dropping again, I don't think they were ever sealed right when they were built. But that's a multidollar issue I can't afford at the moment. We, as an area, could do with more rain, it's been a drier than average wet season.
    Right now, I'm having my morning coffee, listening to my geese chatter, and the butcher bird call for her snack. So what's cooking? The good life is cooking. It's not quite done yet. Another 50 odd years, and I might have this place ready to go. Lol. Thanks for asking

4. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    150 tonnes of topsoil! That'll take a few hours to spread around. I definitely know the "another 50 odd years" thing, always busy in a good way.
    Funny you mention the butcher bird ... we have a winter visitor called shrike that kills mice and hangs them in the shrubbery for later meals. One of the few birds around during winter.