Having a PRI PDC Graduate problem

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by Pakanohida, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Well, I graduated with Geoff Lawton as my teacher in 2014. I was in a wonderful amazing, happy go lucky FB group of people who finished his class. I was also in another one of people taught by Geoff.

These are now gone for me, and I can't get access no matter how many times I ask again.

FB changed my acct to a business one, and I had to remake a new name, isn't that annoying?

I know this forum has nothing to do with FB groups and what not, but dammit I needed to vent a little. I am so tired of being on the outside of like minded people.

Peace,
    me

2. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Apparently it no longer matters, I can no longer log into FB because I refuse to give them a credit card or state ID.

3. Allan Babb

Allan Babb New Member

Are you using a "real name", or are you using paka? I'm just wondering if that's why. I've heard native Americans have had problems with Facebook because of their names.

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

1st it used to be our business, Coquille Permaculture Project, and that got turned into a business account, so I made an acronym of my irl name but still being safe and that got killed. I read that they will KEEP my information (phone, cc, photo id's) in a secure server which IMO after some fast reading I found isn't very secure.

After watching the Internet grow since the early 80's I have seen a lot of horrid things happen with personal information on the internet. FB will never get that data from me.

I guess I have reddit now.

5. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    hmm, can you set up a new FB account in a separate browser with minimal details that in no way connect to your previous account. Maybe dump all FB cookies in advance and clear caches etc. I have a FB account that I really only use to access pages that I can't see otherwise, and I seem to remember I gave them pretty minimal info. That was a few years ago though, maybe it's harder now.

I get your general point though. Accessability is becoming more of an issue I think and the internets are serving community less well then they used to. The reliance on FB is going to come back and bite us eventually.

6. Allan Babb

Allan Babb New Member

No such thing as a secure server. I also understand your issues with letting others have your personal info. But if you have a credit card or have ever done a fund transfer to or from your bank account (including checks these days), then it's already out there and saved electronically.

And yes, Pebble, I can see a time when everything on the internet requires you to log in using real world credentials. it's all because of corporations, and the gov't must love that.

7. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Here is where I am coming from, and Pebble, I agree, the Internet is taking less care of communities in favor of more profits. But I digress. I started on the Internet in the 1980's a full decade+ before it really took off. I have seen all sorts of crazy things, I have read all sorts of craziness in forums until one day in the most popular video game on the planet of the time, a person for CA that worked for Yahoo! decided to be really angry and haxor the hell out of the person, and her children. I am not talking about simply posting irl information that is easily gotten on the internet, I am talking that this person pretended to be her ex-husband, called the school up where the children are and had them waiting for the hacker outside the school!!!!!!

That incident is more involved and crazy then what I just typed out, but IMO, Internet anonymity has an important role, and it should stay.