North Idaho Permie-ish Garden, USA

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by DaveD, Jul 28, 2015.

1. DaveD

DaveD New Member

[h=1]Garden Update Video July 2015[/h]
    I’m going to try something new today, a bit of en experiment. I shot about six minutes of video in the garden with my phone yesterday and uploaded it to Youtube. So here is my first attempt at using my own video on the site. The phone got hot and stopped recording so the end kind of trails off as I go into the greenhouse. If this isn’t too much of a hassle I’ll try to go out and get you guys some video of the greenhouse latter. Anyway, I give a bit of a tour and explanation of some of my garden experiments with different styles of garden beds and hugelkulture mounds. I need to get out there and throw a little mulch around to keep snuffing out the grass, but all in all it’s coming along pretty well. Let me know what you guys think!
    [video=youtube;rcguB0bzPek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcguB0bzPek[/video]

2. DaveD

DaveD New Member

I tried to get a full tour of the garden and greenhouse, but the phone overheated so it kind of trailed off as I was going into the greenhouse. Enter part 2, the greenhouse tour. This thing's been working out pretty well for us so far in three seasons. I can finally grow my own tomatoes! A 90 day growing season and cool nights don't really lend themselves to good tomato production, but with this thing I've finally done it! (I'm from Cali, I like me some good ripe, fresh tomatoes... sorry can't give 'em up) I'm trying some fast growing/short season sweet potatoes in there this year too (figured I might as well, right?!?). I've even landed a resident humming bird and a couple snakes have taken up residence as well. All in all not a bad little microenvironment. Enjoy the tour:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCuEdVPcGGo]

3. BelindaKate

BelindaKate Junior Member

Your sunflowers are adorable, I'm hoping to get some going in my garden come spring.:blush:
    Also envying your coriander. I LOVE the stuff, but my coriander efforts currently consist of a handful of inch-high seedlings. :p

Looking forward to seeing your greenhouse!