Seeking permaculture business partner in Tasmania

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Permataz, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Permataz

Permataz New Member

Hi there,

I am 34, currently UK based married to an Australian lady with 1 daughter. We're looking to move to Hobart and looking for land in the surrounding area but we're flexible on location so long as the project is based in Tasmania. She's planning to get a job teaching and I want to start a permaculture "farm". We've been looking at 20+ hectare properties. We have ~$200-250k capital to invest.

I am looking at either buying land outright or developing land on a 50/50 profit basis so long as labour's matched. Ideally I'm looking for a partner of around the same age as me, male, who can match me on capital expenditure and labour.

The plan is to take a piece of land, excavate it to create water features, build small eco buildings around the pond/lakes, plant surroundings with perennial fruit and vegetables based on a permaculture design, populate the ponds with fish and create habitats where a small family can live off the land year round then sell each unit. The first phase of the project is building the water features, then a permaculture farm then the dwellings.

In order to do this well, a substantial amount of capital is required and a lot of man hours. Whilst I'm planning to do this with the help of Woofers, I really need a business partner willing to do as much manual labour work as me. I'm very hard working and am looking for someone willing and able to work at least 50 hours a week on this. Ideally I'm aiming for the construction of ~50 cabins within the space of 5 years and I'd also like to sell these with established businesses to create a proper sustainable village with the smallest possible carbon footprint. I have ideas for around 25 different businesses to be based on-site. I've had business partners in the past who put down capital and then didn't do an ounce of work. I never want to repeat that experience again. I want to be working with someone serious who sees the potential of working on a project like this, who's young, energetic, passionate about permaculture and smart enough to have accumulated enough capital that they can get involved in a project like this.

I'm not willing to use any debt to finance this project either. Please get in touch if you meet the capital and labour capacity criteria.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Permataz and welcome,
    Excellent goals! You might want to send a private message to Eric (milifestyle) to find out who he may know in Taz that may fit your requirements. If nothing else, you'll have another Permaculturist contact on the island.

3. Nick Ritar

Nick Ritar Junior Member

Regardless of who you find to work with. Make sure you touch base with Hannah and Anton at https://goodlifepermaculture.com.au/ in Hobart... lovely people who know everyone in the PErmie community down there.

4. Permataz

Permataz New Member

Thanks guys, wasn't anticipating to get replies so soon! Really appreciate it. I don't seem to have private messaging enabled on my control panel yet so I sent Eric a friends request. I've also emailed Hannah and Anton. This is great, thanks again for the help.