Anyone done Permaculture and psychedelic microdising? Please share thoughts on this

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by zvall, Mar 21, 2015.

1. zvall

zvall Junior Member

It is ages since I have been here, but I am always questioning and exploring and it is good that I am here now because I can inquire people here about this

How many here are familiar with psychedelics, and, if so with psychedelic microdosing? Has this been discussed here before

So what is psychedelic microdosing? What it says really---it is taking enough of a psychedelic so you don't lose all functions and have to lie down and be immersed in visions, though i HAVE done that many time and greatly value it! But microdising is a relatively new approach to using psychedelics for inspiration and it would be extremely interesting to here about this in relation to permaculture and all related activities like forest gardening and so on

Please, if you will, take a look at this link to an article to do with psychedelic microdosing: Microdosing: The Revolutionary Way of Using Psychedelics

Just did a quick Google 'psychedelic microdosing and permaculture' and didn't really find anything in first links, at least in my browser, so this could be an interesting intro here

Have I done it? Yes. Through my artschool time years back I would have a quarter of an LSD blotter at the weekend, and have music session and singing on guitar. I really learns into the feel of playing and singing. I didn't know I was 'mcrodosing'

More recenlty it has been magic mushrooms. When I went out picking some last Autumn, I thought I would experiment eating several freshly picked shrooms and YES I did notice a change. I am very aware of increas of breath when I am bemushroomed and being inspired to sing and laugh, and I was VERY surprised on such a small few to feel this. And next time even ONE gave some of that feeling.

Some days agai I eat 10 dried ones and had a profound trip. The mushrooms I mean are the tiny ones, also commonly known as Liberty Caps. Psychedelics can be used for innovation:
    Considering Permaculture is all so very creative and close to the land, I would be VERY interested to hear if any of you would like to experiment with this or have done?

2. zvall

zvall Junior Member

Has no one here got ANY thoughts about this? I notice there have been 5 views up to now, yet no interest.
    So another question then: WHY such lack of interest?

3. zvall

zvall Junior Member

ALSO, I have just noticed that my reply to my own thread has to await moderation...? How come?

This to me is stifling!!

I would have expected a forum about permaculture to be a far wilder and trusting than this. I am very disillusioned about here at the moment

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

This would be more of a question I think for Findhorn, Scotland & not so much for here.

I find no point in taking psychedelics, let alone the use for such when working on a Permaculture property, or when making the map for such. It really would get in the way of work for me. I do realize what you are saying about innovation with bi-neural access to the brain via various drugs, and I do understand the use of it in depression patients and others.

I think if you want to microdose and work on a Permaculture subject, might I suggest the patterns and geometery of life. Such as the following chart may or may not inspire you.

[​IMG]
    The 2nd image down with the 2 overlapping circles, that has the Vesica Piscis in the middle. Permaculturalists will understand that the Vesica Piscis area is the most fertile for an example. In that if one circle was a forest, and the other was a medow, the Vesica Piscis area (the overlapped area) is the most fertile area, i.e. edge effect.

Good luck, oh, and one last thing. You maybe interested to learn that Timothy Leary's book was basically ripped off from the Tibetian Book of the Dead.

5. zvall

zvall Junior Member

(I supposed this bit will ONLY be for the eyes of the moderator who will moderate EVERY thread, post and reply. Oh well. I find this terribly disillusioning, but hope that this rigid controling is not generally shared throughout the permaculture communities. It flies in the face of what I see as permaculture. This rigid control is more akin to MONOculture (which surrounds us) than the potential of permaculture.
    I chose to open this thread in the BIGGER picture. The bigger picture should ALSO include how this forum operates. What are its design principles? Who can ask questions about it, and challenge it. ALL this should be freely able to be seen and discussed by others interested in exploring 'the BIGGER PICTURE'. If not then there is no radical movement possible!)

Well at least you have replied, but I completely disagree with your views. You do not think this question has any place here on a PERMACULTURE fourm...? Really? And you suggest I take it to Findhorn? OMG where do I begin with that suggestion?
    For one--Findhorn is a New Age orgainization that I am averse to. it is exposed brillinatly in the book Return of the Dark/Light Mother or New Age Armageddon? Towards a Feminist Vision of the Future, by Monica Sjoo who also exposes the New Age and patriarchal thinking per se

source

So no, I am very much not into Findhorn and all that represents.

But I like your suggestion for someone who might like to try combing psychedelic microdosing and permaculture. that is a great idea, because psychedelic inspiration greatly encourages pattern recognition--or better cognition

Regarding Tim Leary. I read his book the Politics of Ecstasy many moons ago, but have since learnt that he was against the Ecology Movement. he was a psychedelic transhumanist who believed humankind destiny was to leave the 'womb planet' Earth and go into space mutating into all kinds of different forms. Apparently he got these ideas when in prison and had experiencing 'shanneling' some 'space entities'. makes you think that some kind if mindcontrol was done on him more so by humans

In the link I gave above in OP Microdosing: The Revolutionary Way of Using Psychedelics

There is an example of psychedelic microdosing:
    Great. But it all seems a little leftbrained approach. This is why I am interested asking the question here

6. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Zvall and welcome. The first three post as a new forum member are moderated for spam. Spam is a huge problem on forums and this is just one of our strategies to prevent it from appearing in the actual forums. After three non-spam posts, members post freely and their posts show up instantly. With four posts under your belt now, you will bypass the moderation queue.

7. zvall

zvall Junior Member

OK thank you. You only find out when you ask, which is why I am all for freedom to question. The more you question the deeper deeper you go and there is a depthlessness TO questioning. I think the materialistic approach is kinda like 'soon we will ask all the questions and have a theory of everything' but what they always ignore is the dynamics of reality and how you can never have knowing or known without the unknown which is mystery. So it doesn't matter HOW much anyone thinks they know there must always be the unknown. There is always light and darkness as a dynamic. In patriarchal thinking darkness has always been feared, and/or explained away as being eventually to be got rid of with light.

8. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi again Zvall,
    I just looked at your profile as having 66 posts to your name should entitle you to instant posting. There seems to be a glitch in the system, so I'll email the administrator to have it sorted out. Sorry for the confusion with your account, it should all be fixed shortly.
    Bill

ps, and thank you for asking about this. I totally agree with your thoughts about freedom to question.

9. zvall

zvall Junior Member

lol, yeah I thought it was a little weird. Thank you for sorting it out for me

I like your signature:
    That is really what I want this thread to be about. it is not about some 'separate subject' about 'do you psychedelically microdose' but really is also the means and ways to inspire an awareness of a bigger picture, or gestalt

Food DOES include the vegetation which are visionary. I would like to explore the reasons why such foods are feared and suppressed too, and also how monoculture is forced on us.

One of THE most powerful and inspiring pieces I have read is this: Underground Roots and Magic Spells: Visions for Resisting Monoculture and Building Community

10. zvall

zvall Junior Member

And when I get instant posting again I will be able to do instant editing. I had meant to add this also:

11. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

I suggested Findhorn because they are more apt to answer things dealing with things more esoteric. Im the marijuana grower here and I walk gingerly with the forums discussing it. Perhaps I don't have to, not sure. Sorry to offend, but that racist you posted about did not found Findhorn. Eileen & Peter Caddy did along with Dorothy Maclean & they went through the wringer trying to just make food for themselves let alone making Findhorn. It is because of their esoteric, psychological journey that I thought it would be easier to discuss for you. So uhm, relax.

The Leary book I was referring to was his original work, "The Psychedelic Experience"

Lastly, and this one is important. Leary, & Findhorn 'channeled' beings with only 1 of them while under the influence. Now, to me, this is can be done simply via an out of body experience, but when it comes to LSD a bridge is broken down allowing full access. This full access is both good and bad. The bad, somethings humans are not meant to know about yet. I can give you one startling example that was done without the woman knowing by the US Government.

https://youtu.be/Si-jQeWSDKc

Please note what she says at: 5:46 "I can't tell you about it, if you can't see it, you will never know it. I feel sorry for you."

As someone that has been on Hanblecheyapa, & then was introduced to psychedellics I can tell you, without any reservations... ..screw LSD and pass the DMT.

Lastly, this is why Shamans & Heyoka are so important in society.

12. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

I meant to post this, simply because I love the image and it has to do what we are talking about.

[​IMG]

13. zvall

zvall Junior Member

I am not agitated ('auum relax') I am just sharing with people here important information. The so-called New Age is as much anti nature is as is the monotheistic religions and materialism. The book I liked by Monica Sjoo goes into this in depth

As for LSD---oh my, I will have to give you a slice of my life story.

OK when I was a little kid I had a sense of magic about nature, but from years 8/9 to 15 school, and the culture generally had done what I think it very much intends to do. DULLS children to the natural world and their sensual bodies, and kills spirit. Nature was now dull as f**k and I threw litter at it, and was absolutely obsessed with my image of the big city, concrete, traffic, crowds, neon. New York City was the zennith for me, and when I heard--when about 13--that when a person fell down in the street there people walked over them that excited me!!
    I was also getting a sadistic streak........................Anyhow, I get a chance to move to a big city when I am 15, and when there am turned onto LSD, and it that wonderful sacram ent which helped undo ALL that mindcontrol and I experienced nature and utterly magical and alive. The best parts of the trips I had, usually taken at night was when we all went out at dawn and passed peoples gardens and into parks.
    So, that is a huge reason why I will not hear a bad word against such a substance that brought me back to life! of course your entitles to your opinion, but you now know where I stand

Now regarding your use of the word 'esoteric' to define what you think I am talking about. I always like to define terms, and this is how that term is etymologically defined:

I am not about all of that at all. I shun secret societies, cults, initiated inner circles, as I do the philosophers mentioned. I encourage openness, and people all being allowed to question.
    Also I have had two OBEs in my lifetime and the second experience was absolutely amazing and lifechanging, BUT I would not call OBEs 'simple'. As far as my life goes they are very rare. yes I know some claim to be able to have them regularly, but I more so think psychedelics are far more egalitarian because everyone IS guaranteed a non-ordinary experience after ingesting them
    I have never had DMT. I have had LSD and magic mushrooms, and that is fine for me. I would not relish having to hold the acrid smoke of DMT in my lungs

14. zvall

zvall Junior Member

With respect, I think that the patriarchal thinking likes to create hierarchies, and that illustration dies that for me. But really the LSD experience is a KEY which unlocks what already is mystery. So comparing that with the other drugs stimulant and depressant drugs is VERY misleading. WHEN my post finally shows up you will see JUST how profound LSD was for me, and how it changed my life. It doesn't need to be about seeing amazing visuals. it can simply be seeing a tree in a far deeper way and seeing that tree and your feelings utterly interrelated which is love
    In FACT it could be argues that DMT could exacerbate a differentiation--even duality-- between some sought after 'mindblowing innerworld' of shfting fractals, etc and entities considered superior and the natural world considered boring in comparison