Dramatic Correlation Between GMO's and 22 Diseases

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by 9anda1f, Nov 23, 2014.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    I'll just let the article speak for itself.

and

https://www.alternet.org/personal-h...2-diseases?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

The graphs are compelling, such as:
    [​IMG]

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

The GM crops that have been modified to allow the use of glyphosate go hand in hand with the use of glyphosate of course. I'm not sure which one is worse. Glyphosate is now being queried as the cause of many people's gluten intolerance.

3. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    having recently read up on thyroid cancer it is a rather murky area to be using as any kind of indicator.

liver cancer and kidney cancers would be two i would look into further.

4. Gonhar

Gonhar Junior Member

https://publications.cancerresearchuk.org/downloads/Product/CS_INFOG_WORLD_INC.PDF

Here is a publication from February 2014. It shows the prevalence and rates of cancer worldwide by type, and reliability of diagnosis/reporting.

https://publications.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/statsworldwide

Obviously, the cards are stacked against living organisms, think of glysphosphate, wireless microwave communications, fossil fuel use, highly processed foods and other environmental factors that can be triggers for the development of cancer in the world.

5. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Yes, rightfully this article ought to be entitled in reference to glyphosate and 22 diseases, with GMO crops being the result of Monsanto's drive to sell their herbicide. The correlations are seen between initial and increasing glyphosate use and the increase in diseases.

6. Heartwater

Heartwater Junior Member

This article just dropped into my inbox and seemed pertinent https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/real-reason-for-toxic-wheat-its-not-gluten/
    It seems a real good reason to note where your wheat comes from.
    John

7. Heartwater

Heartwater Junior Member

8. Diggman

Diggman Junior Member

Climate:
    Temperate, always cloudy, lots of rain (& slugs)
    Hi Heartwater, snopes is not the magical debunk-everything-site, there's things that they get wrong, I used to review their articles whenever presented with them but there were things that were so drastically biased that I now strongly believe it's yet another part of the establishment system hidden amongst good sites which have a good reputation and therefore is purposely built to keep people guessing or confused.
    I now dont bother with it, this is my opinion and the opinion of others I am connected with on social media, but not everyone. :)

9. Bryant RedHawk

Bryant RedHawk Junior Member

Arkansas Senior Appraiser
    Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Interesting that the countries with the highest cancer rates are also the countries that Monsanto has the most influence in. There are many questionable practices carried out by Big Farming that are done in the name of faster production. In the old days, cotton was not defoliated, but now the practice is nearly everywhere, done so the harvesters can pick a "cleaner" cotton. Most of the farm harvest machinery needs the help of poisons to be most efficient at picking the crop.

Even trees and other plants are not exempt from damage due to mechanical harvesting, for example:
    The walnut "shakers" create a callous on the trees trunk, where the shaker's jaws clamp on.

I've always thought that it was wrong to put growing things through trama to effect a faster harvest.

10. Heartwater

Heartwater Junior Member

Bryant, Thanks for the new tidbit. I didn't realize cotton was being sprayed pre-harvest as well. We have had some local reports of farmers spraying glyphosate pre-harvest on alfalfa. I am not too excited about that as now it enters the animal feed as well. Industrial agriculture especially with herbicides and pesticides is having a dramatic effect on human health. 20 years ago it was hard to get the data but so much has become evident as research is being done. It is a huge ship to steer and redirect around the reef of profit.

11. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Makes me wonder if Monsanto / Syngenta have stock in pharmaceutical or medical industries. IE > Poison the patient, send them to the doctor, repeat with anti-cancer meds.

12. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Not just walnut, I have seen those things on many a nut tree farms in the I-5 corridor in California.

13. Bryant RedHawk

Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    I am almost certain that Monsanto has stock holdings in big pharma.

14. Heartwater

Heartwater Junior Member

I feel the same way. The seemingly collaborative effect that we see between pharma, biotech, food and big ag is almost the perfect storm of profits for "them" and a slow slavery and health decline for the general populous but I would like to see those connections be verified; the evidence.

Be well,

John

15. dreuky

dreuky Junior Member

Just a comment on walnut tree shakers. There is the very old saying "A dog, a woman and a walnut tree the more you beat them the better they be"
    So walnut trees have been ill treated for a very long time.
    I think GM crops and Monsanto are a really bad thing but with cancer increases there are a lot of other possibilities. The 90's saw a HUGE increase in the use of CTs. The thyroid is particularly easily harmed by radiation. There a lot of problems in modern culture not only GM

16. Bryant RedHawk

Climate:
    USDA zone 7b,8a.
    Some food for further thought and yes I am in the process of researching these thoughts.

Since the onset of feed lot cattle/pig finishing there has been an increase in the size (both height and girth) and a lowering of age of puberty in human beings. Could it be that the additives (growth hormones and others) in the feeds these feed lots use are transferring to the consumer?

Genetically Modified Organisms have been found to have less nutritional value than those which have not been modified. SRW and HRW wheat now has more gluten present than the pre GMO varieties, there is also a marked difference in the protein makeup between the two.

Is it possible that much of the increase in Autism is related to the foods we now eat? In the past (pre-1970) there were far fewer people that were diagnosed, true, methodology of diagnosis has seen leaps and bounds in improvement but still, one has to wonder.

Is it possible that the increase in diagnosis of psychological illnesses, particularly Bi-polar disorder (formerly known as manic-depressant disorder), could be because of dietary changes and include GMO foods as roots of the increase in numbers of people affected?

These are just a few of an ever increasing series of issues we all should be looking into and informing the elected officials of our displeasure in their continuance towards the downward spiral effect these habits of theirs will create.
    It seems that the very people (elected officials) who we should be able to trust to look out for our well being have become so corrupt that they should all perhaps be required to live the same and eat the same as the rest of us. Perhaps that would wake them up but I doubt it. I noticed that when the congress of the USA forced the Un-affordable Health Care Act on the people they also exempted themselves from having to use that form of insurance.

Look at how many drugs the USA FDA has approved, and now people are suing the manufacturers because these "approved" drugs are causing greater harm than good or out right killing people. There is something really wrong when an advertisement includes the statement "death" as a side effect.