personal messages .. changed ?

Discussion in 'Forum Info and Questions' started by aroideana, Aug 24, 2014.

1. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

I have used them many times , BUT cannot figure out how to reply to a question just recvd recently !
    Has anything changed ?
    Or has my mate Al Zhiemer hity me hard :think:

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Aroideana,
    As far as I can tell nothings changed. When I bring up a received message, I get a "Quick Reply" box immediately under it with the received message already quoted ... all I have to do is type in my reply and click "Send Message".
    Is this not what you're seeing??

3. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

No reply box at all
    just checked all settings
    gremlins !

4. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

Ben on Hello from South Carolina is having the same problem in the Forum. He has to go back several pages to find a reply button.

5. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Try a different browser, just to be sure.

6. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    An excellent suggestion S.O.P. thank you. Also, have any security features on your computer been changed recently?

7. briansworms

Ben is 83 years young lol. He took the best option and got a computer geek in. Problem solved.

8. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Solved, so far, so good, and it's such a relief to be able to just sit down and hit that reply button to get started. Problem is that I don't understand what all he did. Perhaps, lol, I won't have the same problem again. Once we got in with the "remember me" thingy hit, I can now go right to texting. That's what I'm supposed to be able to do.
    I hope you get yours fixed. All this time I thought it was the site while everyone was suggesting solutions, and I was...Duh?..Yes folks. Ive tried everything suggested and just kept getting more pissed off. You have my sympathy, Aroideana, although I know that's not much help.

Uncle Benny

9. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    the missing reply button

i think Benjy was using Chrome, but never tried any other browser, so we don't know anything more yet about what is going on...

i suggested clearing the browser cache to him and then seeing if that helped but i don't have Chrome installed here so i'm not sure how that is done with Chrome.

10. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

I got rid of Google Chrome, as it was becoming a real hurt in the lower "six". I don't know what the "Geek" did, but it only took him about 4--5 minutes. He also took care of the advertisment that was overlapping my items when I'd pull up stories on E-mail, making it impossible to read entire long sentences.
    We bought a membership for the squad when Willie bought her new puter from "Best Buy. The membership fee is normally $100.00, but by buying the puter, the fee was reduced. For that fee they will help you over the phone and take control of your puter to straighten stuff out. For "house calls", there is another fee, for which they will take care of installing, setting up, and help you with whatever problem you may be having on up to 3 machines. Hey!! it was her birth-week. You don't turn 88 every week now, do you?
    By the bye, are you struggling with the new Windows 8"/ We had the Windows 8.1 installed, which helped a lot.

Love,
    Auntie Willie and
    Uncle Ben

11. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

google chrome was the same , refuse to use microcrap..
    had adblocker installed recently ... maybe that is the cause
    no use as I seem to have deleted pm anyway !!

12. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

I can feel for you, Aroideana, and wish I could help, but I have no Idea what the Geek did to fix mine. I only came back to offer you moral support. These folks asked me how I managed to post anything if I couldn't log in. I just kept trying one thing and then another until, suddenly, out of nowhere, the "reply" button came up. But it didn't always post and I had to go back and work through the maze of repetition until I got in again. It can be very discouraging to spend a half-hour on the keyboard, only to see it disappear. Soon I'd just print the pages before hitting the "post quick reply" button to save time in the event the sucker didn't go through the first.....second or third time. As I said, I feel for you but just can't reach.

Love,
    from Willie and me.

13. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

OKAY! Now what does it mean by "the token has expired?"

I've been trying to post on another site and I get this message and I can't post the message.

Uncle Ben

14. briansworms

My understanding Uncle is if you are on the website too long or are idle for too long it basically kicks you off the site. I get it when I forget to log out of my bank. When I go back in it says my token has expired. Hopefully an expert will explain it better