Permaculture possibilities

Discussion in 'Permaculture Groups, Contacts Activities Anounceme' started by calydance, May 14, 2014.

1. calydance

calydance Junior Member

I hope it is okay to post this here, I apologise if it is not.
    Mark and I Live on 150 acres in the Lockyer Valley, for 10 years we have permitted nature, planted clumping bamboo and fruit/pioneer trees, resisted the local farming practices, had various animals, tried to implement animal management systems which are caring of animals and environment and enjoyed a non urban lifestyle. There are three houses on the property,one is quite small and is set up for solar only (batteries flat). its been a challenging 10 years, yet we have learnt so much. we are wondering if our property might be of interest to a family or families interested in permaculture. We would prefer to rent or lease, perhaps further down the track sell, but there is much potential here. We have very good water, great soil, mountains, some excultivation land, cold weather in winter, hot weather in summer, some may not like this, haha. Oh and I forgot, the beauty and solitude, its very quite out here. If someone with permaculture interest might be interested please contact us on 07 5462 6337.
    We are negotiable about rent/ lease arrangements, and would consider any interesting proposals by someone with permaculture interest. We would however need some proof of your experience.
    Diane and Mark
    Ps We are 45 mins drive from Toowoomba, 25 mins Gatton and Mark currently works and commutes to Toowoo ba

2. calydance

calydance Junior Member

I have placed some pictures of the property and changes over last 10 years in my album on this site.

3. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
  4. calydance

calydance Junior Member

Thank you Bill. We haven't had anyone contact as yet. Mt Sylvia is not a very well known area and probably not a lot of people with permaculture interest in this region. I'm getting close to 60 years old and would like to go sailing with Mark. we thought if we could find some interest in the property from some permaculturists that we could let someone else take the lead here for a while and see where that takes us. I will put a few more pics up when I get a chance. Mark and I hAve been surprised at the effectiveness of planting vegetables and then trees/bamboo after animal tractoring. Weeds have also usually played a big part in reforming very compacted soil using this process. Heavy frosts and long dry spells have made it quite difficult to create the lush we were looking for, but I think we have got there, we knew something significant had happened when bush turkeys and rainforest birds moved in.
    cheers Diane
    Ps I love your quote by the way

5. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

I assume you know about permaculture Lockyer valley on facebook!