3 of Geoff's DVDs

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by LJH, Mar 11, 2014.

1. LJH

LJH Junior Member

I'm cleaning/organizing/purging my studio & office and have three DVDs to re-home:

Introduction to Permaculture Design
    Harvesting Water the Permaculture Way and
    Establishing a Food Forest

The first two are in the PAL format and since I bought the three together I'm assuming the Food Forest one is also but it's only marked NTSC, whatever that means. A geek friend tells me the PAL format can mess up American computers ??. I dunno, I'm a digital idiot and only tried them once and they wouldn't play, but didn't kill my computer either. All this to say, they probably need to live where the PAL format is native.

Asking for postage costs only.

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    I believe you can play both PAL and NTSC on any computer > monitor. The compatibility issue will be when trying to use a DVD player and television.

Very generous offer LJH! :)

3. LJH

LJH Junior Member

You're probably right, I'm just such a non-techie specimen I tried them once & gave up. At any rate, I've now done the online PDC and have all this information on the discs that came with the course so these three are surplus needing return.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Which part of the planet are you on so folks can figure out what postage might be?

5. LJH

LJH Junior Member

Ah, I ought to have added that in the OP, sorry.

I'm in Utah, USA. I believe either Priority Mail or Media Mail would be fairly cheap as it's a small parcel. I have to go to the post office later today & will see if I can get some estimates but can't imagine it will be too scary. Will post back with update in a few hours.

6. LJH

LJH Junior Member

UPDATE:

DVDs have found a home! :)