online PDC and in general

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by youngwarrior, Feb 3, 2014.

1. youngwarrior

youngwarrior Junior Member

Hi all,
    just wondering if any experienced permaculturalists have seen/experienced the online PDC getting around and whether it is ...good/worthwhile. I have started the lectures and have every intension to complete it (bar the actual certification) but just wondering what others thought of the 'quality'.
    I intend to also complete a standard PDC (not online) and am wondering if anybody has completed one recently and/or know of someone providing PDC that they highly recommend.

Apologises if this is in another thread, if so could you put up a link or some info that will narrow my search.

Much appreciated

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Which online PDC are you doing (there are a few)?

3. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

I took Geoff Lawton's online course, and that is why I am spending online time on this website. I also read the manual, only once mind you, but am certian Geoff's course follows right along with the manual. Matter-of-fact, I took Geoff's course three times now, as I have watched the DVDs he sent as part of the deal with taking the course, another two times. I might watch it a few more yet, as there is a lot to think about. I highly recommend his course. The next one is coming up the soon, type your name into the link found at GeoffLawton.com, and you will get notices youngwarrior.

4. youngwarrior

youngwarrior Junior Member

regenerative leadership institute is the free PDC I am attempting to get through...I say attempting as it is vveeryy ssslllooowww. Sometimes you can watch for 15-20mins and not alot happens. Older guy facilitating(in early stages), larry korn, studied under Masanobu Fukuoka back in the day. Larry seems to lose his train of thought often and can be mundain at times and the cameraman only seems to work part-time so you don't see everything that gets put on white board and sound quality can be pretty poor....but you do get what you pay for. :)
    However all that aside, my question really relates to the quality of content. What are the other current FREE courses that people recommended. I realise Geoff does one but my understanding is that there is a cost with that. I prefer to do a free course to get as much as I can out of it and save my money as I would prefer to get certified in a real life, face-to-face, hands on course. Maybe I should look further into Geoffs, as to be honest, I turned off once I realised it was at cost( but also didn't realise you get dvds).