Western Australian Permie Forum

Discussion in 'General chat' started by charlesinnaloo, Jan 19, 2014.

1. charlesinnaloo

charlesinnaloo Junior Member

Hi Folks,

I have had a few requests to set up a forum for members and non members of PermacultureWest in WA. Essentially a WA based forum acting as a focal point for basic (mainstream needs (growing stuff) ) to interesting experiences in WA permaculture.
    While we have lots of facebook groups understandably many people want to avoid that and chat and help each other via a forum.
    We could tack a forum onto the PW website but it was suggested that we should chat here first if PRI is a appropriate venue to direct people and maintain/moderate a WA forum area.
    It is much better to support existing ventures than spread support thinner in more areas.

I could be way out of order her so my apologies if this is impractical, inappropriate or simply not possible.
    Please let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks for your time, experience and ideas.
    Cheers,
    Charles Otway
    PermacultureWest - https://permaculturewest.org.au/

2. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

permaculturewest!

i thought those guys went extinct on the mainland some years back.
    i heard they were trying to get them going again on an island off of carnarvon somewhere.

3. charlesinnaloo

charlesinnaloo Junior Member

We have been growing well since a few of us young pups threw out a rescue donut.
    As always its a few dedicated people volunteering a lot of time still but there is lots of interest and volunteers cropping up, the challenge for me know is empowering all those volunteers and allowing them to self govern the little guilds that are popping up.
    As you can see from the website there are very active local groups in Freo, North Suburbs, Mundaring Hills, Bunbury, and South of the River is just getting going.
    Anyway possibly PAWA is extinct, while the hard workers of that time are still communicating they are struggling with there own ventures.
    PermacultureWest is now more of a online/communication network hub, local group former and information source for newbies and keen permies.

Thanks for the response. Now back to the forum idea ?